Author Topic: collaboration on a C/AIR attempt  (Read 5454 times)

Offline racergeo

collaboration on a C/AIR attempt
« on: April 16, 2019, 10:14:09 PM »
   Anyone in the NW that has a roadster that meets the regs  for C/AIR that needs an engine. I would consider teaming up for my 370 c.i. BBC. It is a 3.1 billet crank piece. I have the heads ,intake, carby and all parts to make it a "contender". Or if you want to build a car I can provide engine, trans. and diff. Bill Gates, call me, you have my number  :lol:

Offline cheap-n-dirty

Re: collaboration on a C/AIR attempt
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 01:22:04 AM »
I have a gas roadster that would work. it has run a big block chevy before at world of speed in 2012.
Richard McFarland
208 452 3449
western Idaho
old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiam every time

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 08:50:15 AM »
Ah... sounds like a match made in heaven.... or at least on Landracing.com  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 06:20:17 PM »
I'm a thinkin' that a team with a member named "Bill Gates" might the only way to give competition to the Mariani's, Beck, or Stringfellow. :roll:
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 06:22:50 PM »
Oh well, there's always "havin' fun"!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 11:00:16 PM »
   A few years back, George kicked ass on a lot of High dollar Alcohol Dragsters... so don't count Him out yet................ 
                                                                     "One Run", out............................................................... :cheers:
Bob Drury

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 11:01:57 PM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline racergeo

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 01:03:13 AM »
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I just had a nice talk with Richard about his car and I think it might be a nice fit. I'm trying to get the fellow that bought my machine shop into a BV ride. I am drawn to the C/AIR class because of platform. My post about the C/AIR class indicates I'm not totally in love with the rules package, but can live with them. I turned Bill's money down cause it wouldn't be fair in a "budget" class. Marlo and Desoto Man are teamed up on a hemi powered roadster for the class and I want to give them a fair chance. :evil: I'll be happy just to have an excuse to get this engine in something. P.S my vidio is at 99777. Someone could go to "flat plane crank barn find" and give me a thumbs up and might be the one to get me to 100k.           :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 11:25:22 AM »
What rear axle does he have in it
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 12:34:23 PM »
It's not common knowledge, but you can just run SpeedWeek for the fun of it.  The Compressed Air Roadster class has a lot of persnickety engine rules, but a lot of them can be overlooked until you get in Impound.

I've seen under-displacement cars run and now hearing about DeSoto, Edsel and others being entered – kinda what the class was designed for years ago.  As to them holding the record – well, we'll see.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline racergeo

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 02:08:48 PM »
    Sparky me boy, i knew you ask. 8 3/4 Mopar. Should be fine, but if any "drama" easy to switch to a Torsen. The car has gone over 200 with out spinning. I think my parts can do the job, but time will tell. The biggest problem will be event gas for the dyno :-P

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 03:32:22 PM »
ERC will ship you fuel. I have done it.  Call and ask.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline racergeo

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 07:45:56 PM »
   Ask Sparky about that. :cry:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 08:23:44 PM »
I'd like to hear somebody who really knows (like if FordBoy would chip in) as to far off, when you're starting from scratch, "this" 110 octane racing gas is from the "other" 110 racing gas.  Like the dyno ain't at Bonneville altitude anyway.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 08:45:59 PM »
  Ya me too. As Sparky's engine has been waiting at the dyno for 2 months. I think Dyno Room should comment   :cheers: