Author Topic: 2004 Bonneville Video  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Stan Back

2004 Bonneville Video
« on: April 15, 2019, 12:04:16 PM »
A short video, mostly bouncy in the long shots, but early on a chance to see ol' One Run Bob doing a timed run on the slalom course.

www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/bonneville-speed-week-2004.1142495/
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: 2004 Bonneville Video
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »
Thanks, Stan.  There went another few minutes of my work day, but geez -- I was there and like seeing stuff again.  Isn't it amazing how camera electronics have steadied videos today?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 01:45:05 PM »
  Yep, that was the day I learned a spool rear end and a Early Olds with over 700 lb. ft. of torque at 3200 rpm don't mix very well.  Once I lifted the car came back... and kept on going...  It was a beautiful view... Floating Mountain, Eastern view of pristine salt, Southern view of the starting line, Western View of the Pequip Mountains, Floating Mountain, etc.
  I waited until the W.F.'s in 2013 to try it again (while secretly aiming for Stan at the starting line), slid sideways through the ill-conceived PVC pipe covered with a black garbage bag course marker, breaking out the Drivers Window, denting the door and side trim and eating a $1800. pair of Mickey's.  Glued the window to a piece of aluminum and after tech okayed it put the knob on kill and hit the four at 229 when a lifter spit out its bearings, broke its axle and wheel and found a home wedged between the camshaft and block taking out everything from the throwout bearing to the front of the block.
  The plan is to return in 2020, hit 250 (or Stan) sell the car and be monetarily solvent for the first time since 1998 when it all started.
                                                                                 "One Run" Bob Drury*
*after all, it is a Fuel Altered... drive it like "one arm" Willy Borsch would................ :roll: :mrgreen:
Bob Drury

Offline DRW

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 11:08:34 PM »
Nice watch,,Thanks
Doesnt Mean That Much To me, To Mean That Much To You !