Author Topic: Looking for who paid for the custom 2.13 12bolt Richmond gears  (Read 6394 times)

Offline 12boltracer

• New folks
Hi I read about 13 custom Richmond 2.13 12 Bolt car gear sets made. Who commisioned paid it?

I forgot what mag I read it from, but I remember I believe was  a magazine in the 1990s and read that Richmond Gear custom made 13 sets for 12 bolt. 3 sets went to the person who commissioned paid it, and the rest thats 10 were spread out through the Salt Flat racing community.
I believe im in the right place to find out who can tell me it was, and those who have braging rights to say they own a set of these custom 2.13 Richmond Ring and Pinion sets.
Because I am one who got my hands on 1 used set of the custom Richmond 2.13 gears.
Thank you for any info guys  :-)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:22:08 PM by 12boltracer »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Looking for who paid for the custom 2.13 12bolt Richmond gears
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 10:44:49 AM »
I would be a lot more interested in a set of 2.13 gears for a Ford 8.8  8-)
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 10:48:21 AM »
Hi I read about 13 custom Richmond 2.13 12 Bolt car gear sets made. Who commisioned paid it?

I forgot what mag I read it from, but I remember I believe was  a magazine in the 1990s and read that Richmond Gear custom made 13 sets for 12 bolt. 3 sets went to the person who commissioned paid it, and the rest thats 10 were spread out through the Salt Flat racing community.
I believe im in the right place to find out who can tell me it was, and those who have braging rights to say they own a set of these custom 2.13 Richmond Ring and Pinion sets.
Because I am one who got my hands on 1 used set of the custom Richmond 2.13 gears.
Thank you for any info guys  :-)

There were 25 sets made. John Linginfelter had them made. You could check with Gary Eakers if you are trying to find a set as John is no longer with us.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline desotoman

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 01:50:39 PM »
Someone has had a set for sale on ebay for quite awhile. Is that the set you bought?

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline 12boltracer

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 10:41:56 PM »
Yes im the ebay buyer of the Richmond 2.13
They belonged to Racer Al Teague (Spirit of 76 (speed o motive) 400+mph record holder

In messaging the seller asking about where this set came from. It was his son, Im selling them for pops(Al Teague)

I paid alot of loot for them, not knowing I would have the honor that - Al Teague was the previous owner.

Going to a good home. Racer who worked at Baldwin Motion Performance in New York, and will be going in a
Chevelle Super Sport in Manhattan.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:44:40 PM by 12boltracer »

Offline 12boltracer

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 05:33:57 AM »
I checked the teeth its a 32 ring 15 tooth pinion. The Ring gear has a Richmond stanp on the side of the gear
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:31:05 PM by 12boltracer »

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 10:00:30 PM »
We got those gears back in early 91 & I remember Al payed an arm & a leg for them but that was the only option we had for more speed. If there was two sets I would have taken them. Todd has been taking care of selling of Betsy parts & he is actually Jane's son.
  Sid.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 11:06:31 PM »
Well there's a Chevelle SS that won't be burning any rubber on the streets of Manhattan... it won't be quick but it should be fast
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 12boltracer

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 08:01:16 AM »
Thats right, it was very early 90s I read about the 2.13 Todd is a good guy. I really want to remember what magazine I read it from. ill look at covers of back issues and just buy the ones I bought in early 90s. I also have 2.56 and should see the guys face like wtf when i wave bye speeding by him in low rpm, the engine saying - let me know when you really want to go fast :)

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 08:25:38 PM »
What size wheels and tires are you going to run on the Chevelle?
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline 12boltracer

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 09:57:25 PM »
Ideal is set of tires for ZR1 corvette to handle the high speed. But for regular highway I have tall 30 inch van tires saves gas and low rpm in a gas guzling V8

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 10:28:36 PM »
If you can pull 2.13 no wonder your eng. guzzles gas
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 11:53:51 PM »
Kind of a catch 22 problem. Highway speed at low rpm needs RV cam or even less, RV cam means low power, not enough to go fast but MAYBE higher mileage. High HP cam means not enough power to get out of it's own tracks at low rpm, that's why long track roundy-rounders need to spin tires to get going. A little tough going from light to light with 7000 rpm launches. 4000 rpm = 167 mph, how fast do you want to go on the street, that's only about half or less of the rpm available to a really high hp engine. A cam needs to operate in it's designed range to get efficiency = mileage. Recommend going to "Spicer speed calculator" and play with some their toys.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline 12boltracer

• New folks
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 07:27:11 AM »
its not about the get up and go at the light with high gears, its when you get going your gone. Theyre not drag race gears, they are top speed gears. But we know that right? Thats why im here.
I still put a 2 series posi and have 2.56 gears still can hit 200+ with them.

Offline 12boltracer

• New folks
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2019, 07:33:41 AM »
The only 2.13 and 2.29 ring and pinion GM that I found was from 10 bolt 7.5 inch say can go in a 93 up Trans Am or Camarro