Author Topic: Marlo throwing in the towel?  (Read 3930 times)

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
Marlo throwing in the towel?
« on: March 04, 2019, 11:30:33 PM »
Just saw a"for sale" ad in the April 2019 issue of Hemmings Motor News pg 182 for the Treit & Davenport streamliner.
No price, but it claims that it's a "world class streamliner that will fill your void"  . . .

Willi
Kraut Bros.
Who Has More Fun?

Offline racergeo

Re: Marlo throwing in the towel?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 01:15:39 AM »
   Corey Bly told me they were going to race in Australia in 2020. It is an FIA meet. I wonder if he knows,he's the crew chief. That was 2 days ago. :?

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 12:59:55 PM »
  I wouldn't put too much into the ad.  If You know Marlo, He has a "Canadian" sense of humor which includes being a "purveyor of the unusual" as His ads in the Rule Book and in Bonneville Racing News state. Keep in mind that He imported and sold three Mig 21 Jets after the Soviet Union imploded.  After a FBI pilot sliced  the side off of Marlo's Lamborghini Quatro upon landing near His shop, He replaced it with second generation Ford GT40.  He has always been a wheeler dealer in real estate, airplanes, elephant part's ("yes, elephant part's") and race car's.
  I suspect He is on a "fishing" expedition looking for sponsor's, partner's or rich Widow's.  Marlo is aging, so is Les Davenport, but they both have SALT in their vein's and a passion for SPEED.
                                                      "One Run" Bob Drury*
* proud to be a friend for over twenty year's and whom Marlo gave the moniker (totally undeserved) :"One Run Bob"... f*cking Canadian Humor...............................
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 01:02:28 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 09:18:55 AM »
One Run... you may have overstated how much Marlo likes you...  :roll:  are you sure he didn't just tolerate you for 20 years  :-o
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline tauruck

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 11:24:46 AM »
Heart of gold is all I know. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline superleggera

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 01:51:15 PM »
note: Posted elsewhere but just sharing the Hemmings advertisement

- me: Mark - home: Dry Heat, AZ USA - build: motorcycle streamliner

Offline racergeo

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 09:30:21 PM »
   I already have my plane ticket for the 2020 race in Au. My friend Ian Powell, (Powlsy) and I are have every expectation of watching Les go by at 500mph. 8-)

Offline racergeo

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 10:00:20 PM »
  I wasn't going to say anything without asking Marlo, but One Run brought it up so...... Marlo told me Les ain't driving the Target 550 any more. He had a couple people that could bring some money to the table that were capable drivers in line so I guess we wait for One Run to tell us the "rest of the story"

Offline Brett

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 11:17:11 PM »
Valery Thompson

Offline racergeo

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 01:03:23 AM »
   I didn't really state that correctly, It should have said Les is 71 and he is retiring from the driving but still involved in the tuning etc.  Valery ain't afraid. Good choice.