Author Topic: Two Run Average Records  (Read 3504 times)

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
Two Run Average Records
« on: February 21, 2019, 04:56:37 PM »
The DLRA (Australia) is about to implement the "Two Run Average" system for establishing records at its upcoming event next month,, My understanding is this system is taken from the long established SCTA model,,

I have asked the following question to the DLRA, their answer was in my openion open to inturpation,,

Question, "We go out, qualify for a record, impound, next morning we run faster again, can we than claim that backup run as a qualifier, remain in impound for a second night and backup the next morning" ??

Dose SCTA allow this ? 

First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
Re: Two Run Average Records
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 09:56:56 PM »
No.

Willi
Kraut Bros.
Who Has More Fun?

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 10:43:08 PM »
The DLRA (Australia) is about to implement the "Two Run Average" system for establishing records at its upcoming event next month,, My understanding is this system is taken from the long established SCTA model,,

I have asked the following question to the DLRA, their answer was in my openion open to inturpation,,

Question, "We go out, qualify for a record, impound, next morning we run faster again, can we than claim that backup run as a qualifier, remain in impound for a second night and backup the next morning" ??

Dose SCTA allow this ? 

The two way average starts all over after you have made the backup run. No matter what the results are for your back up run you start all over again to qualify for a record. Any previous runs do not count.
   Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 11:20:11 PM »
ok, Thankyou,,

now what is the situation if you have two drivers entered to drive the same vehicle but in different classes, dose #2 driver have to wait until the next morning after #1 driver has backed up his qualifier ??,

or can #1 driver after qualifying go thru impound(same day, no overnight in impound) then straight back out and backup, then #2 driver can do his thing ??
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 11:30:11 PM »
At Bonneville you enter vehicles.... with an assigned driver these days. Drivers in the same class incur an additional driver fee.
If you plan to change classes you also have to change numbers to limit confusion.  Changing classes is cheaper than an entry. 
On occasion when weather is expected in they have offered the opportunity to back up the same day... or wait for the next morning as usual. 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 12:19:58 AM »
Wow, really going to make for some planning on getting enough fuel out to the Salt there!!
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 06:03:03 PM »
ok, Thankyou,,

now what is the situation if you have two drivers entered to drive the same vehicle but in different classes, dose #2 driver have to wait until the next morning after #1 driver has backed up his qualifier ??,

or can #1 driver after qualifying go thru impound(same day, no overnight in impound) then straight back out and backup, then #2 driver can do his thing ??

The second driver and class change takes place after the backup run has been completed and the second step of impound is finished. The class change and driver change requires addtional paper work and addtional cost plus the vehicle number is also changed. When we run the Flathead class we go after both gas and fuel records my son drives and I drive so if things are going as planed we are always changing something.  This makes the week on the salt go by faster but we are always tired from doing so much work however we are also having fun some of the time.  :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »
Changing the vehicle number usually involves adding a taped "one" before or after the regular number.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 02:01:54 PM »
or a short piece making a 0 an 8.... or car colored tape making 8 a 0 or 3.... endless possibilities...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline salt27

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 02:33:30 PM »
All after choosing a number from the available number list.