Author Topic: Bonneville Restoration Project: CALLING ALL RACERS!  (Read 9137 times)

Offline 7800ebs

• http://quickturnparts.com/index.html
Re: Bonneville Restoration Project: CALLING ALL RACERS!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 08:41:53 PM »
This one might need some calls and e mails....   :-o :-o    

kkwan@le.utah.gov           Rep. Karen Kwan        http://house.utah.gov/rep/KWANK/     385-249-0683

Bob Dalton,

I appreciate you reaching out to me and providing your perspective on this request. I too believe this is a worthwhile and important project and the salt flats are a part of Utah’s unique identity. There are a lot of requests this year and not enough money to fund them all and so I can’t promise a full funding of this project. I mean it when I say though that I appreciate you contacting me about this and will take that into consideration.

Thank you,

Representative Karen Kwan

Utah House of Representatives

District 34

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 09:18:28 PM »
Bob, my letter was very similar, but started with Robert "Stainless" Steele  Love the name! ...then much like yours.  She was my my third reply today... I just hope we get a little cash to get this started
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 09:07:54 AM »
I am receiving more representative responses as well. Looks like there is legislative traction to restore the salt flats. I certainly hope so.

John Goodman,

Thank you for voicing your support of the Bonneville Salt Flats Restoration Project. I too support this project and think that it is a worthy appropriations request. I’ve prioritized it high on my list and will advocate for it when we meet as a committee. Ultimately the committee will determine what happens, but I think they will prioritize it highly as well. I hope that this project will be funded and allow for continued racing at the salt flats.

Best,

Representative Stewart Barlow
Utah House of Representatives District 17

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2019, 09:44:40 AM »
I was very pleased to receive prompt responses from 4 Utah representatives to my letter regarding the salt preservation legislation. Sure, they may have been “automated” (not all), but it validated the emails were received and the mass mailing worked. So far I have responses from Jani Iwamoto, Suzanne Harrison, Karen Kwan, and Stewart Barlow. More will be coming, I am certain. The more they hear from constituents and salt racers, the more likely they will help support Bonneville Salt Flats preservation.
The road is long - Life is short - Drive fast

velocity

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2019, 03:07:14 PM »
Racers. . . .

Save the Salt will soon be posting a VERY POSITIVE update about out ranking in the appropriation process. We are ONE-THIRD of the way there. Next stop is getting the attention and support of the Executive Appropriation Committee members. The final test will be entire legislature, but they will only see those appropriation requests the Executive committee deems worthwhile for Uthans.

This means we will need to provide any least 2 more rounds of letters.

I can officially tell you the letters made a big impression on MANY elected officials.

Stand by, new info and direction is coming your way

LandSpeed Louise
Save the Salt

Offline **RP**

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2019, 10:11:24 AM »
I personalized the written up letter, sent it to everybody on the list.  Got a few auto replys so far like everybody else here. 
Ralph Pitlock
www.paintworkz.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2019, 05:59:15 PM »
Sent the form letter with this preface:

Below is a form letter that covers all the particulars but I first want to relay my own personal experience.

I first visited the Bonneville salt flats during Speed Week in 1970 with some competitors and later competed on my own.

We had to drill pilot holes with a brace & bit to put our awning stakes in - the salt was hard & several inches thick. Now it is a pitifully thin crust!

All that white stuff is on the wrong side of the interstate! This is an international disgrace! Time to put it back where it came from!
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz