Author Topic: Steel rim speed. whats the max rpm before custom rim has to be made.  (Read 3577 times)

Offline jdolecki

• New folks
What is the max RPM for a automotive type stamped steel rim or MPH before a custom rim has to be made?

Thanks, john

Offline 7707

Re: Steel rim speed. whats the max rpm before custom rim has to be made.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 05:04:41 PM »
Whatever you are building... think Safety. Doesn’t matter how fast.
Current class record holder (A/BFRMR) at 258.679mph and i?m Just trying to go fast!

Look for our Facebook page ...  Geoff Stilwell

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 08:20:47 PM »
Maybe more helpful would be to read Section 2.G WHEELS in the SCTA Rule Book.  It talks about manufactured racing wheels and modified stock wheels in, what I see, as the same breath.  Many entries uses racing wheels because the dimensions required for the racing tires do not easily interchange with modified "stock" wheels. 

Read the book – it's very complete and, to me, easy to understand.

Stan 
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 7707

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 02:12:09 AM »
Maybe more helpful would be to read Section 2.G WHEELS in the SCTA Rule Book.  It talks about manufactured racing wheels and modified stock wheels in, what I see, as the same breath.  Many entries uses racing wheels because the dimensions required for the racing tires do not easily interchange with modified "stock" wheels. 

Read the book – it's very complete and, to me, easy to understand.

Stan 

Yes. That is exactly what I was trying to say. Plus.....never scrimp on Safety.
Current class record holder (A/BFRMR) at 258.679mph and i?m Just trying to go fast!

Look for our Facebook page ...  Geoff Stilwell

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 02:36:37 PM »
What is the max RPM for a automotive type stamped steel rim or MPH before a custom rim has to be made?

Thanks, john

Rather than trying to answer a general question that would cover many different vehicles & speed ranges it would be helpful to know what you are looking to run.
  Sid.