Landracing Forum Home
February 20, 2019, 08:17:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Triumph 650 efi  (Read 633 times)
Ian Northeast
New folks

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2019, 06:59:23 PM »

Hi guys,
I apologise if the answer to this is out there somewhere but I'm struggling to find it.
I have been asked to build a bike to race at speed week 2020. The donor is a 1967 Triumph TR6 650cc twin. Bearing in mind we are coming all the way over from the UK I am very keen to avoid wasting most of speed week trying to get the jetting correct only to have the temperature drop and have to go through it all again.
So I am looking to fit an EFI system.
Has anyone out there any experience with any system that may be applicable to a 650/750 twin engine?

Ian
maj

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 03:04:17 PM »

There will be lots of good options for efi,
Download  the software of any you think may suit and see how easy it is for you to use
and look for one with good logging capability , no matter how much time you spend on a dyno you will need to check and adjust for real conditions
It will need barometric pressure capability to adjust for the altitude , most can do this but not all
top end stuff like Motec are in common use and if you needed help a very good chance there would be someone there willing to talk
Also AEM are well represented, one of the guys is a member on the forum and may chime in
I use Link out of NZ on our bikes , moving them over from flashing the factory ecu in the last few yrs and find it very intuitive,
And there are many others  there 
Frenchinjection

APS-BPS 750 Triumph Twin 775 . 152.35 record

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 12:34:27 PM »

Hi Ian.  In 2017 we took the APS-PBF 750 record at 152.892  using mechanical injection but with a DTA Fast S60 pro ECU controlling the sparks.  We modified it considerably during 2018/19 and are returning in 2020 with full EFI and compound turbo/supercharger. 

Also at SW 2017 were the Diamond Mob who ran AEM EFI on a turbo 650 twin and set and broke their own records all week. A-PBG Diamond Mob - Chris Hawkshaw Triumph 8 /17  127.338mph

Speak to Chris Hawkshaw at Hawkshaw Motorcycles.  Tell him I sent you.

Aslo if you are planning on 202, then PM me to share a container.
panic

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 05:13:12 PM »

I assume you're going to use the original TR6 head (parallel ports) with IR throttle bodies in place of the original 2-1 manifold?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: