Author Topic: The Green Fiend 100cc A/G and A/F 2019 build  (Read 10660 times)

Offline skidpupRandD

• New folks
The Green Fiend 100cc A/G and A/F 2019 build
« on: December 30, 2018, 10:36:50 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm Mikey Hanrahan from Glendora, Ca and ive been racing el mirage for 3 years and 2 years at Bonneville on my kx100 I call the Green Fiend. It is a kx100 built for the special construction gas class, and currently I hold the record at El Mirage at 104.146mph in the 100cc A/G class. This is everything Im doing in Preparation for the 2019 season, I hope you guys enjoy it. My goal sits at 110mph without a fairing, and hopefully will have a methanol setup for next year, lots of tuning to figure out. One of my main goals for next season also is to clean everything up and make the bike a little cleaner. My "company" is Skidpup Customs, follow on Facebook for more random updates
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:52:20 PM by skidpupRandD »

Offline skidpupRandD

• New folks
Re: The Green Fiend 100cc A/G and A/F 2019 build
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 10:46:12 PM »
Last seasons setup up close.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 10:51:59 PM »
Welcome and best of luck!
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline skidpupRandD

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 10:55:06 PM »
3d printed mock up of the modular axle plates

Offline skidpupRandD

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 11:01:25 PM »
Mock up of new Forks and ride height/length.

Offline skidpupRandD

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 11:05:16 PM »
Welcome and best of luck!
Thank you Jack! I need it!

Offline handyguy

• BANTAM FOURPLAY
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 12:06:03 AM »
Good for you , I hope to see you at the start line .   STEVE

Offline salt27

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 01:42:33 AM »
Nice looking bike Mikey.
It appears you have an RZ project in the works too.    :cheers:

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 02:30:13 AM »
That is a great custom frame. It looks super strong. Think about replacing that spoke wheel with a cast wheel though. That should improve your speed.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 06:45:54 AM »
Looks well planned and well built.  What is your objective with new rear drop-outs and different front end?  Watch the trail of the front end, as the leading axle forks decrease trail which may affect handling. 

I also notice that big fat expansion chamber which is close to the ground. New rule requires 20 degree lean angle so check that as well.

Two stroke tuning is still a mystery to me, so I'm always impressed when someone gets it right!  Do you have any issues at Bonneville with the 2-3 mile wide open throttle in regards to overheating?

Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline skidpupRandD

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 10:28:52 AM »
Nice looking bike Mikey.
It appears you have an RZ project in the works too.    :cheers:
Yes sir, ill be posting more about that soon :cheers:

Offline skidpupRandD

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 10:32:15 AM »
That is a great custom frame. It looks super strong. Think about replacing that spoke wheel with a cast wheel though. That should improve your speed.

Don
Thank you, 2nd season on the frame and no issues at all, and I cant find one that is light, the right size and fits budget. Might end up making some discs that only cover 25%.

Offline skidpupRandD

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 10:44:23 AM »
Looks well planned and well built.  What is your objective with new rear drop-outs and different front end?  Watch the trail of the front end, as the leading axle forks decrease trail which may affect handling. 

I also notice that big fat expansion chamber which is close to the ground. New rule requires 20 degree lean angle so check that as well.

Two stroke tuning is still a mystery to me, so I'm always impressed when someone gets it right!  Do you have any issues at Bonneville with the 2-3 mile wide open throttle in regards to overheating?

Tom

My old Front end was about 9lbs heavier and it had 43mm inverted tubes, new forks are 31mm and standard forks. little less weight and smaller package, and the trail will match my old setup(just different size forks). Also yes, that was the easiest way to run the pipe at the current time, and the first pipe I built, so i didnt want to go for some tight fit just yet. Tuning 2 strokes is still a mystery to me, im just barely getting into it! and no problems with overheating the water, but keeping Egt down is a bit of a task, just gotta keep your hand on the clutch just incase she gets too hot. The bike likes running at around 1225-1275 at WOT, and aluminum melts at 1300 or so, just gotta watch it the whole run

Offline skidpupRandD

• New folks
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 10:46:12 AM »

Tom
Also the main objective of the rear end is so I can run a 16 or 18 inch rear wheel without affecting ride height. Just making it Modular mainly.

Offline salt27

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2018, 11:43:53 AM »

Tom

My old Front end was about 9lbs heavier and it had 43mm inverted tubes, new forks are 31mm and standard forks. little less weight and smaller package, and the trail will match my old setup(just different size forks). Also yes, that was the easiest way to run the pipe at the current time, and the first pipe I built, so i didnt want to go for some tight fit just yet. Tuning 2 strokes is still a mystery to me, im just barely getting into it! and no problems with overheating the water, but keeping Egt down is a bit of a task, just gotta keep your hand on the clutch just incase she gets too hot. The bike likes running at around 1225-1275 at WOT, and aluminum melts at 1300 or so, just gotta watch it the whole run

I am far from an expert on this but I believe aluminum melts at about 1220f.
In our 2-stroke EGTs are around 1245f.
I'm guessing that incoming fuel is cooling the piston so it is not seeing the same temp. that the EGT probe is seeing.

Don