Author Topic: 2020 FIM helmet requirements  (Read 3042 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

2020 FIM helmet requirements
« on: November 09, 2019, 01:49:17 AM »
Only FIM FRHPhe-01 approved helmets will be allowed in 2020.  An exception is made for streamliners.  Snell approved helmets can also be used in them.  This is a useful link to more infohttps://www.frhp.org/news

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: 2020 FIM helmet requirements
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 10:12:39 AM »
"The European regulation for motorbike helmets is under revision in the UN..."

The United Nations is involved in regulating helmets????? Good grief.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline edinlr

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 11:59:01 AM »
Just after this announcement, sixteen of the 2020 presidential candidates argued this rule and stated they were for open borders and encouraged helmets from North Korea, Somalia, and Venezuela.   Meanwhile the president stressed the need for a wall and announced a 50% tariff on the unapproved helmets!  :-D
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 12:09:09 PM »
FIM racing has always been expensive.  The one thing that compensated for that was stability in the regulations.  Changes were less frequent than with AMA or SCTA.  Now that is changed.  Lots of expense combined with frequent and costly revisions is the new situation.

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 12:47:23 PM »
I had the good fortune of seeing Del last weekend and mentioned this. She suggested we hang in there and see what she finds out when she meets with the organizations. I think she said that would be in December, but I could be wrong. In the meantime I have been doing a little research into what helmets are FIM approved. Along with the $1400 helmets I did find this helmet of which the S, M, and L sizes are posted as an FIM homologated racing helmet on the FIM site -

https://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/street/full+face+motorcycle+helmets/ls2_ff323+arrow+helmet+-+geo?gclid=CjwKCAiA5JnuBRA-EiwA-0ggPeK8Q0X6RqK4DJRPTGgsDgDoz0l8_R1bj9VkdOn3hTuMDefZPO9eLhoCZjsQAvD_BwE

I saw one review that said it was more of a neutral head shape than a long oval. Just passing this along. I have not seen, nor tried one.

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 01:04:45 PM »
I bought an LS2 helmet for last year's racing. It is a good helmet and the reason why I bought one is that the viewing area is higher than most helmets. So you can get in a tuck and actually see where you are going without breaking your neck.. The directions say to buy one size larger than other helmets. Normally wear a medium so I bought large. The large is very tight. An extra large would be better.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer