Author Topic: UK racers  (Read 3875 times)

Offline neandethal

UK racers
« on: November 20, 2018, 06:31:50 AM »
Hi Folks,
trying to find other UK racers who are planning to go to Bonneville next year and who may want to share transport, or who i can piggy-back on their transport solution. Most freight companies run scared of the no V5C of a pure race bike.
Any contact appreciated, regards Ian

Offline comet

Re: UK racers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 03:17:56 AM »
Hi Ian.
Whereabouts are you based? I know there are now a few guys on here that are looking at shipping to Bonneville in either 2019 or maybe 2020 from the UK.

Cheers
John

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 10:24:20 AM »
Too soon for me Ian  :-(

My Lakester will ship 2020 at the earliest. I am based near Marlow, Bucks.

Regards

John
A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.

Offline CharlieR

• New folks
  • Team FooRyi Racing
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 07:28:43 AM »
We are all going in 2020, for speed week though not BMST, we get charged storage costs if the bikes are held back as everything that's on the CARNET on the way out has to be in the container for the return shipping.
All crates have to be at shippers in London for the end on May and we tend to get them back late October or November.
One of our guys airfreighted from Glasgow to Vegas, its an option.

Offline 7707

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 11:30:22 AM »
I’m based just south of London. All my race car, equipment and rig I keep in the US .

Happy to help that side of the pond if need be.
Current class record holder (A/BFRMR) at 258.679mph and i?m Just trying to go fast!

Look for our Facebook page ...  Geoff Stilwell

Offline Frenchinjection

• APS-BPS 750 Triumph Twin 775 . 152.35 record
    • Saltbike 775
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 06:37:39 AM »
As Charlie said, we are going to SPEEDWEEK in 2020.  We typically end up with a 20ft container, but if there are more, then it becomes a 40ft, there's not much difference in costs and the more there are the cheaper it gets.  But, what ever is in the box has to come back in the box due to the Carnet restrictions.  The Carnet is a chamber of commerce covered assurance that you will bring back what you take out and pay no import or export duty. 

We are doing Speedweek because it's busy but so what, that's what makes it special.  It took us 6 years to get the record.  Most of the bikes we ship have no V5.  Ours started as a delivery of tubes and now has a billet engine. We have a frame and engine number but this is what we stamped on them so you can fill in the EPA paperwork.  But once that it done, you can reuse it for every future trip because it does not expire.

I can write loads more however, give me a call if you want to know more or have any questions.

Offline miki54

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 06:24:14 AM »
Hi Ian.
We are going to speed trials this year with two Triumphs and associated kit. Our intention is to fly everything including ourselves to Salt Lake City. This initially looked like a really expensive option, but once we worked out the cost savings due to a shorter time away and less transport etc there wasn't a lot in it. The other bonus is having the bikes in the UK for an extra month of prep!
Worth a look I would say.
See you there, Miki.

Offline bones

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 07:30:17 AM »
Hey Guys,
   I'm coming over for the TT and will be around England fora couple of weeks after, before
 I head to the States to prepare for Bonneville.
Any chance of a visit for some salt talk?

Bones

Offline comet

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 10:13:03 AM »
when will you be in the UK Bones? Any idea of locations at all yet?
The Vincent guys all have a big rally just south of London about a week before BMST.

Cheers John

Offline bones

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 08:03:00 AM »
Hey John
   I'll be in England from June 10 to June 22.
  I will be based in London but have an old work mate in Bradford I would like to see.
  Cars are easy to hire and I'm happy to drive.

cheers   Bones

Offline Ian Northeast

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 01:53:24 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm very keen to get back out to SW in 2020.  With my car and a few friends with motorcycles.
I have tried to organise a full containers worth but I am very interested in going in with somebody else, I'm sure if we can get enough of us together we should be able to get the container shipped all the way.
I am very serious about trying to make arrangements so that I have one less thing to worry about.

If anyone has space in their container I'm very interested.
Please contact me if you have space in your shipment.

I'm near Gatwick in Surrey.

Ian