Author Topic: El Mirage head wind  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Eddieschopshop

El Mirage head wind
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »
Curious to thoughts on actual penalty of head winds at El Mirage.  They don't happen that often.  When I crossed the finish the balloons were laying on the ground in nearly a direct head wind.  My data shows definite drop in acceleration from Saturdays run in my top two gears.  I still haven't checked the engine, but I believe it is fine.  Boost etc near identical between the two days.  I only have 3 passes under throttle with this car at Elmo so I am don't have enough data to compare. 

Anybody have back to back runs from Sat and Sun to compare speeds?

I need to check my time slips from Elmo for the May meet.  I believe there was a slight tail wind (there usually is especially in the afternoon) 

Offline sabat

Re: El Mirage head wind
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 03:10:31 PM »
I don't have any info for you, but I do have this pic from after your 292 pass. Beautiful car, congrats. I can send the full-res version if you like. -Dean

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 04:24:50 PM »
Thats awesome.  Thanks!

ed@eddieschopshop.com

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 01:55:26 PM »
The 4 or 5 cars that I sorta kept track of were 4-6 MPH slower on Sunday.

We were 5 MPH slower, but the drives are always different depending on how we come off the truck, how much we spin the tires in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th, etc.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records