Author Topic: Spare tire/wheel sets?  (Read 4549 times)

Offline gschuld

Re: Spare tire/wheel sets?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 02:13:03 PM »
I was thinking the same.  Very little actual frontal area increase, so the return is pretty low for a lot of mods/compromises.

The rest of the mass is petty low overall.  So it’s seems to be a good place to be satisfied and concentrate on he finer points of the envelope I have now.

Is 1.5” of suspension travel front and back with rider on board sufficient?

George

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 11:51:55 PM »
Start working on your tuck and riding position.... the smallest frontal area is to your advantage.
Hope to see you on the salt  8-)  :cheers:

Your tuck and riding position is your biggest band for the buck when it comes to lowering your frontal area.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline gschuld

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »
Start working on your tuck and riding position.... the smallest frontal area is to your advantage.
Hope to see you on the salt  8-)  :cheers:

Your tuck and riding position is your biggest band for the buck when it comes to lowering your frontal area.

Well sure. I’ve been experimenting with riding position, and it’s one of those times when I wish I wasn’t 6’3” 220lbs.  Trying to get low and keeping my back fairly flat for reduced frontal area and decent flow over my backside is a bit of work.  It seems that more than a few riders set up their bikes so they effectively lay fwd on the bike itself to take pressure off holding that position and reduce the turbulence inducing gap between rider and bike on top?  Sounds smart to me.

George

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 11:12:15 AM »
George, I had Kent Riches cut the seat portion of my Charlie Toy body so that I had about 4" more room.  I use the room to allow me to sit far forward during hard acceleration on paved tracks - and then slide back a third of a foot so I can get down flatter on the tank when the wheelie threat is diminished.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com