Author Topic: Philosophy of making a run  (Read 10590 times)

Offline mc2032

• Reliability and performance are highly overrated.
Re: Philosophy of making a run
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 11:29:42 AM »
Is there a Pork Pie's version of English to everyone else's version of English translation out there?  Just want to get one before I try to read Thomas's description of the quest for 200 (assuming he posts it here).  Just saying.... 
#1032 1350 A, APS-PBG & F, #1000 I/BFL.  My number is 241.273.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 11:55:31 AM »
Well, to tell the truth, I'd suggest hanging out with PP for 10 or fifteen years as a good way to let him learn your lingo as well as the other way around.  It's worked for us. :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 01:11:23 PM »
Brother JohnBoy is right...

it was a journey....it was a fantastic one....going with the team through all up and downs to pick finally the record and at last the Red Hat....

and it was a great team work......

Stainless is right....in the Speed Records Club magazine Fast Facts....there were three articles I wrote about this journey.....part one (first part of the 199,665 mph record) was in a issue of the FF,
part two (second part of the 199,665 mph record) and part three (final record with Red Hat) together in the following issue of the FF....

on the Speed Record Club web page is a pdf file of the FF which got part two and three in, it is a free download......

and maybe someone like to become a member of the Speed Record Club....on this web page you can get your membership....the club is shipping the magazine worldwide.....

...and finally after you have read the articles....you maybe understand the Philosophy of making a run.......ask your soul what you need....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2019, 04:23:39 AM »
 :cheers:

Found the Speed Record Club and edition 87 of Fast Facts is there. At work so I cant read the articles just now.  :-D

John
A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2019, 05:05:39 AM »
Fast FACTS (the quarterly newsletter of the Speed Record Club) has welcomed many articles from Pork Pie illustrated from his views from behind the camera lens. The Editor has developed a method of ensuring that everyone can enjoy the articles by translating the German/American/English of the author into a fully understandable language for racers. Printed copies of this centuries back issues are available (the first 50 issues are on five CDs) - backissues@speedrecordclub.com

Should you want to know about making speed runs in a range of cars (including the UK record holding jet car) then Fast FACTS will have many of the answers. Last month it was Ian Northeast with his Jensen on the Bonneville salt.

Issue 112 is in preparation as I write these words. The current Editor has created forty issues. Her name - Jane Pittwood.   
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2019, 04:32:36 AM »
Malcolm,

if everything works out, there will be more articles in the future for the FF.... 8-)

and a big thank you to Jane for all her support over all this years...Jane and I became a great team :-D
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2019, 12:35:02 PM »
John,

you got time to read my articles.....

What you think now as a maybe Rookie.....you are looking for to sit in your lakester going down the rookie course.... :-D

Wish you all the best with your home build lakester.

PP

:cheers:

Found the Speed Record Club and edition 87 of Fast Facts is there. At work so I cant read the articles just now.  :-D

John
Pork Pie

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 08:29:25 AM »
Thanks PP.

Its going to be a long journey; with all the help and advise on the forum it has been a positive one so far. I am looking forward to SW2019 and being at Bonneville again and adding to my knowledge. Its a long Rookie road, thats for sure.

John
A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.