Author Topic: Good Memories from 2018  (Read 5380 times)

Offline Koncretekid

Good Memories from 2018
« on: October 14, 2018, 10:25:37 AM »
Well, we missed a record by .18 mph, but we had a great time!  The gal behind the bike is Denise, the 183 mph bicycle rider.  The rest are Doug, my pit boss this year, and two of my high school friends from way back.
Tom
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:28:15 AM by Koncretekid »
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Re: Good Memories from 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 02:47:44 PM »
Tom,
I have got to agree that this years WOS was a fantastic meet, Duke and I had a great time and even though we ran poorly we still had fun. One of the best things was meeting you and Doug. You are both great guys and real racers. Duke and I have both Speed Week and the WOS on our calendar for next years sure to see you at one or the other.

Rex

PS: Tom bring a couple of extra HPs next year so that you can go at least .2 mph faster!
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

velocity

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:48:10 PM »
This kind of post is the reason I get up every day and try to help save the salt. Big dreams of everyday people form all over the planet.
You did get a record. . . you got to play on the worlds most famous speedway in the world, earned a spot on the starting line and gave it your best.

Very few can say the same - record, or no record.

Hope you come back

again
and again
and again. . .

Save The Salt hopes to make it possible - for all of you and those yet to join the human race.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 03:58:11 PM »
Hey Koncretekid, sorry you missed out but happy you're safe and had a good time. :cheers:

God Bless.

Mike.