Author Topic: that guy  (Read 1502 times)

Offline sidecar

• New folks
that guy
« on: October 13, 2018, 11:27:43 PM »
So, we are on our way to the start line (WoS) after leaving impound...Turbinator is right in front of us...i'm driving the chase truck...we're talking about how sleek the Turbinator is......the line of cars speed up and slows down.....i mention that i sure would not want to run into the tail of the Turbinator....we both turn and look at each other......Carlos says yea....you do that and you would forever be know as "that guy"......i slowly back off the throttle......Carlos keeps talking about being "that guy".......i keep slowing up more as he keeps talking about being '"that guy"....i mention that it is HIS truck.....not having any of it he says i would be "that guy" and could never set foot on the salt again........!   i slowly pull off to the left and pass the Turbinator.....exhaling as i make the pass...!  Watching the dog stick his head out the drivers window  of a car parked off to the right ( of the Turbinator) and howling away as they started it up  up added some humor to the moment. wk

Offline Ricco

• New folks
  • Team Vesco Crew
Re: that guy
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 10:09:45 AM »
I missed that.  Anyone get a pic or video?  Sounds hilarious.
Rick (Ricco) Kunze
Crew/Driver, Vesco 444 Streamliner