Author Topic: ECTA at Blytheville, Arkansas Nov 10 and 11  (Read 17306 times)

Offline Kool Performance

ECTA at Blytheville, Arkansas Nov 10 and 11
« on: October 06, 2018, 09:37:12 PM »
We are extremely excited to announce that THE 2018 ECTA RACING SEASON WILL CONTINUE! On November 10 and 11 we will be holding one more race this season. We will announce further details in the very near future. Join us for another Arkansas 1-Mile Challenge and conquer the concrete mile.

Registrations opens Monday ECTAMile.com

Offline aircap

Re: ECTA at Blytheville, Arkansas Nov 10 and 11
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 11:59:08 PM »
Hopefully by then the soybeans will be harvested....
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline Kool Performance

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 05:38:02 PM »
Registration is now open go to https://ecta.raceday.pro/

4 Wheel brakes are required on all cars. (streamliners can run 2 wheel brakes)

If you have a World finals tech sticker you will receive expedited tech.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 06:23:12 PM »
Let's see the logic in this  . . .

Streamliners are usually the fastest class.  They usually have less air drag so they are harder to stop.  So let's just allow them to have only 2-wheel brakes.

Hint to Altered, Roadster, Comp. Coupe, etc. entrants who have only 2-wheel brakes –– just move up a category or two and enter as a Streamliner.  I understand that no one checks (as long as the check is good).
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 06:22:46 PM »
Let's see the logic in this  . . .

Streamliners are usually the fastest class.  They usually have less air drag so they are harder to stop.  So let's just allow them to have only 2-wheel brakes.

Hint to Altered, Roadster, Comp. Coupe, etc. entrants who have only 2-wheel brakes –– just move up a category or two and enter as a Streamliner.  I understand that no one checks (as long as the check is good).

Stan great idea now I can run my rear engine modified roadster with rear brakes and dual chutes boy I was hoping one day to do this now I can excellent. Streamliner valve in block record  :-D should be easy for my car.  :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline olepaw

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 09:32:35 PM »
Hope they meet 90 entry minimum.
D/CGC record Ohio mile
G/GC   record Ohio mile
H/GC   record Ohio mile
E/FSS  record Ohio mile C/GC TRYING

Offline **RP**

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 09:10:52 AM »
Hey.....at least it is a place to race if you do not live on the left coast!
Ralph Pitlock
www.paintworkz.com

Offline olepaw

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »
I look almost every day . Seems to be stuck at 50. Need some more!
D/CGC record Ohio mile
G/GC   record Ohio mile
H/GC   record Ohio mile
E/FSS  record Ohio mile C/GC TRYING

Offline Kool Performance

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 12:06:27 AM »
Decision has been made WE ARE RACING 

forecast is for 50 degree weather, can you say big horsepower.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 03:06:36 PM »
Hey RonnieRoad –

Me thinks you could qualify for Special Construction any who.  Lakester at the least.  You can't have any automotive body parts (or something like that) – and your body should qualify.  It's not a steel T, is it?

Stan 
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 05:53:47 PM »
Hey RonnieRoad –

Me thinks you could qualify for Special Construction any who.  Lakester at the least.  You can't have any automotive body parts (or something like that) – and your body should qualify.  It's not a steel T, is it?

Stan 

Good point car should qualify for the special construction category the body is fiberglass I can add rear fenders and now its a streamliner something to think about.  :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline White Monster

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 07:52:21 AM »
Should be great conditions .. best to all !
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline lake_harley

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 07:30:07 PM »
Before the September meet I saw a list of those pre-registered. Out of curiosity I was wondering how many were pre-registered for the November 10-11 meet, but didn't find a list anywhere. I live about 2 Hr. from Blytheville and would come down to watch and support the ECTA through my spectator fee, but given the rather "cool" temperature in the forecast I really don't want to make the drive and freeze my butt off if the number of competitors isn't very good. By very good, I mean 50+ cars....similar to June and Sept.

Anyone???? Thanks!

Lynn

Offline lake_harley

• New folks
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 10:41:47 AM »
Having attended Blytheville on Saturday, Nov. 10, I'm wondering a bit about the future of LSR racing at venues like Blytheville, or anywhere close to the Midwest. Granted, it was cold and rather windy but the car/motorcycle count was really low.

I don't ask this to cast doubt on the sport, or plant a negative seed, but rather in an effort to help make a decision. I have been a car guy most of my life, enjoy building things and have considered building a car for LSR; probably a lakester to run in one of the lower displacement, unblown gas classes.

I'd hate to spend months/years building a car and end up with nowhere to race without an extremely l-o-n-g trip to Bonneville. The decision to build a car for LSR, or perhaps just build another hot rod, is quite a commitment and I'm trying to weigh the enjoyment potential of either.

Perhaps Saturday's low attendance was just a fluke? I was also at Blytheville in June and September and the car and motorcycle count was probably more in the 50-ish range.

Input and thoughts, anyone?

Lynn

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 11:40:06 AM »
Lynn, this is an outdoor sport... sometimes Mom Nature does not cooperate.... just the way it works... Most purpose built Bonneville land speed cars are not good Mile cars... for us it is that finality of where the track stops and gearing to run such a short distance. 
Small normally aspirated lakesters need space to accelerate the weight at which they must be built to maintain safety.  You don't show where you are from, but I travel 1200 miles to Bonneville several times a year.  Yes, to answer your question, we have run on pavement with our land speed bikes, but never considered it with the small motor lakester....
I see LandSpeed Racing as Bonneville...  Half mile, and mile racing is an opportunity for folks to use and test their machines... that is a good thing... but class records seem to come and go with the location of the track...
Lack of participation at an event with predicted poor weather is nothing new... I would not drive the 500 miles to Blytheville, Denver or Texas if the weather was in question.... But I have driven... or started to drive 1200 to race Bonneville.... before cell phones and the internet you would find out when you got there... since then I have received calls 200-500 miles from home to be told the races were cancelled.
If you want to build a lakester to race Bonneville it is a commitment.... I am in the middle of one right now.... if you think it is too long of a drive you may not have the same feelings as say the guy building a G in England, or the guys from Japan or NZ that come to race Bonneville.  If Bonneville goes away due to strip mining, I will be going to Australia to race... 
Build to race where you want to... and go race... :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O