Author Topic: Greatest ever season of racing, Just one more thing....  (Read 3197 times)

Offline racergeo

Greatest ever season of racing, Just one more thing....
« on: September 24, 2018, 03:40:49 PM »
    Seriously, 5 years ago no one could have expected the incredible results of veteran teams and new teams alike. The Speed Demons seemingly effortless 400 + mph runs, Danny's dream come true achievement and piston record. Team Vesco's insane record and exit speed, closing in on 500. Huge speeds by a lakester and a near 400 by more then one gas streamliner. Rob Fry. and several others making  there 400 mph mark.  These are all achievements I never expected to see. 
     NOW JUST ONE MORE THING. For the track to hold up and Marlo and his merry men (+ Nellie) To make an under power 5 mile run. First car over 500 and to realize his, and so many of us who have followed this project for so long, DREAM COME TRUE.

Offline racergeo

Re: Greatest ever season of racing, Just one more thing....
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »
    Spoke to Corrie Bly, Malo's crew chief. They started car and front engine was running bad. Traced problem to bad mag. Change mag. and started to do warm up procedure and car wouldn't shift. Empty CO2 bottle, traced to bad diaphragm. Borrowed a bottle from Poteet and it had a bad diaphragm. By the time they got in line the wind came up and you know THE REST OF THE STORY. If it was easy.....

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »
 :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline WZ JUNK

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 05:38:17 PM »
A photo from today on the salt flats.  There is snow on the mountains and water on the flats.  It is hard to imagine that just a few days ago they were making passes on this very salt.

John

Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 02:38:40 PM »
   Just started watching NGC and and seasons opening episode of "One Strange Rock". It states that for 3 billion years the planet was inhabited by species with no brain. At this time 90% of all life has no brain!!! Then in the opening scene they show a blue motorcycle streamliner being pushed off on the salt flats. At first I was elated by the inference  that it took some real brains to accomplish that. So much so that other brainiac activities were left out. What a coup for landspeed racing and indeed all forms of auto racing. But then I got to thinking, based on my experience at Speed Week this year, what if they were showing a 90%er.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 04:18:46 PM »
   The promo for this program indicated it was a new season, on the brain. Seeing I'm having a problem with mine I thought I'd see if I could learn anything. After about 3/4 of the program after a commercial, you see Rocky Robinson being pushed off in the Ack Attack. They reconstruct the events of there efforts to run 400mph in Bolivia. It's a good coverage  from 2017.