Author Topic: Did you get the wrong calendar at the sales trailer???  (Read 6231 times)

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
Did you get the wrong calendar at the sales trailer???
« on: September 11, 2018, 09:35:35 PM »
Chick and I want to thank all that supported our 19th year calendar. With racers and spectators down it was a rough year, so thank those that came up to us and bought.
But,
If you went to the sales trailer after Sunday and ordered a calendar then when you got home and opened your bag and found it was not ours, but instead, the 'Official SCTA Calendar" and were disappointed cause you know the only Bonneville calendar is the one done by Huntimer Photography, we are sorry. After Sunday, the Sales trailer stopped taking our calendar, it was not that we ran out, in fact we increased the print run knowing how great the salt was going to be. They stopped because they got a boat-load of the Ron Main/Jim Leggitt, color page calendars to which each photo page placement was sold to the teams. ERC Fuels was great and continued selling ours.

We do NOT (I just caught this typo)  'sell' placement into our calendar, (just ask my account) we select photos based on team effort and good images. We also don't share on Social Media to get pat on the backs. We struggle to place what we think is correct, and we wait until the racers 'find' themselves. The smiles from the teams just warm our hearts, but if they knew they would be in, it would be anti-climatic.

So if you felt you were a bit ripped-off at the sales trailer, go to your rule book find an official's email and let them know.

Am I taking a chance of being 'black-balled' by the SCTA/BNI? Probably, but you the racers are SCTA/BNI, not the Board.
So if you need a 'Real Calendar' give us a call
Tony and Chick Huntimer
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 02:13:42 PM by typo41 »
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: Did you get the wrong calendar at the sales trailer???
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 10:15:00 PM »
Tony -

Will they be available at World of Speed and World Finals?

Chris
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Dodge Brother

• TS Coachworks
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 12:47:59 AM »
My friend and I each bought the "real calendar" while at Speed Week this year. Nice to have met both of you, and really enjoy your calendar each year. Almost starting to think your calendar if half the reason I keep going back each year.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:50:23 PM by Dodge Brother »

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »
Usfra has a box to sell and ERC, if they are there should have some

Thanks
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 11:57:05 AM »
World Finals,,, SCTA will have a modified sales area in the back of Rego trailer,, and they aren't selling my calendar,,, stop by and tell them to stock the REAL Land Speed Calendar!
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 11:21:40 AM »
   I tried to find the "Real" calendar at WOS and they didn't have it. Still want one. Do you have a web site that I can order one from? Not interested in that cheezy color one.
  Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline desotoman

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 01:15:42 PM »

After Sunday, the Sales trailer stopped taking our calendar, it was not that we ran out, in fact we increased the print run knowing how great the salt was going to be. They stopped because they got a boat-load of the Ron Main/Jim Leggitt, color page calendars to which each photo page placement was sold to the teams.

Tony,

Did you bring this up at the last board meeting, and if so what did they have to say? You do give the SCTA a percentage of the sales correct?

We do NOT (I just caught this typo)  'sell' placement into our calendar, (just ask my account) we select photos based on team effort and good images. We also don't share on Social Media to get pat on the backs. We struggle to place what we think is correct, and we wait until the racers 'find' themselves. The smiles from the teams just warm our hearts, but if they knew they would be in, it would be anti-climatic.

I applaud you for your standards on the calendar. That is the way it should be.

Tom G.

PS. I personally will not buy a book or calendar that people have paid to be in. That whole idea is just disgusting IMO.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:29:29 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 03:20:57 PM »
Well Hell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now i have to hunt down the real calendar. Thank you Tony and Chick for the heads up.

Offline wickedwagens

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »
I got the real calendar from ERC at World of Speed.  I had to ask for it as they were not out for sale.
1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
G/CFALT  106.643 MPH  8/2016    G/CGALT  113.131 MPH  9/2016
G/CBGALT  169.462  MPH  8/2021    G/CBFALT  146.715  MPH  8/2017
G/CBGC  158.242  MPH  9/2017   H/CBGC  94.334 MPH  8/2018
H/CPRO  93.383 MPH  8/2018   H/CBFALT  101.282 MPH 9/2018
H/CBGALT  120.591 MPH 9/2018
Top Speed 170.726 MPH
36hp VW 100 mph club 9/2019 102.319 MPH