Author Topic: Best salt I've seen in 12 years  (Read 11080 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: Best salt I've seen in 12 years
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2018, 06:06:28 PM »
You didn't qualify it---

The salt was very smooth and hard; and it held up well for how thin it was. Salt was so hard there were no salt rooster tails behind the faster cars---very unusual for mother nature to have the moisture amounts and timing she did this year.   

The odds of repeatability from year to year with out massive amounts of restorative salt being laid down are as thin as the salt was, very thin indeed!

:cheers: :cheers:

Sumner

Sparky and Sumner,  :cheers: :cheers:

Dan, Thanks for having Stainless change the original Subject line from "Best Salt Ever" to its current saying. I was replying to the original subject line which people would see as the topic. I really don't think I have stated anything negative about the subject. just facts. Sorry you take it as negative. I am old and don't have 20 years to wait for the salt to be healed. You are lucky that you do have that luxury. I really hope that the conditions we had this year hold up, but with mother nature who knows what we are in for. It will be a year by year deal IMO.

Thanks again,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Best salt I've seen in 12 years
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 04:02:21 PM »
"It will be a year by year deal IMO."   

Well said Tom---and I bet it will continue  as spotty as it has been without massive restoration efforts!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!