Author Topic: Little story on Speed Week...  (Read 4942 times)

Offline aircap

Re: Little story on Speed Week...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 12:34:00 AM »
Wonder what the story is on the 6 Studes in a row?
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline kustombrad

• Project No Bucks '49
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 09:10:32 AM »
Brandon Leggitt set that up after they made their record run in "the Beast." Some of the media guys laughed at how quickly a "racer" lined up a photo shoot in just a few hours with basically no notice. He thought it would make a great picture and I have to agree...😁

Offline SteveM

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 12:07:43 PM »
That was totally cool.  During the live-stream broadcast, you could hear Brandon talking to Slim and Ron to ask all Studes if they could gather together for a pic.

:cheers:

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Hot Rod Lincoln

• F/GC Record Holder 164.845
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 01:16:27 PM »

" With almost 170 new records being added to the SCTA Record Book, it definitely made for a successful Speed Week. Congratulations to all of the record breakers, their teams, and especially, the track crews who did an incredible job on the racing surface! "

That certainly says a lot right there. Darn sorry we missed it this year

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 02:49:53 PM »
Having the pleasure to be one of those who set a record by the second morning and then by Tuesday morning my son doing the same reading the article brings me back to the salt and the fantastic surface conditions. it certainly was one for the ages. To all of the SCTA workers and volunteers you efforts are greatly appreciated.    :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"