Author Topic: Our car broke down in Wendover! Looking for tow to Bay area, will pay for gas  (Read 4084 times)

Offline broken_saab_guys

• New folks
Hi all! This is a long shot, but I'm looking to see if anyone in Wendover is going to be heading back to the bay area and is willing to help out.

My friend and I have been on a road trip for the last week in a Saab that turned out to be less reliable than we'd thought. Today in Wendover, right after checking out the salt flats one of the cylinders finally gave out. Our estimate is that we can get that car to trundle about 50 miles on 3 cylinders before the engine completely dies, but we need to get all the way back to Santa Cruz. So We're looking for someone that is planning on driving back to the SF bay/monterey area in the next few days and would be willing to give us a tow. We can pay for tow equipment from Uhaul and also gas on the way back.

If you could help us out, it would mean the world to us.
Conrad

831-334-five nine four zero
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:44:44 PM by broken_saab_guys »

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
The best mechanics in the world are in Wendover right now. Have someone look at the engine, maybe it is something simple that can be fixed there. Spark plug, injector, plug wiring? It is worth a shot.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline kiwi belly tank

There's some guys running a black & white Saab 900, they're in the middle row of the pit.
  Sid.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Pity Tom Donney isn't there.

He sets records with three cylinder SAAB motors!

Good luck, guys - even if your not racing, it's all a great adventure.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
?????  A SAAB not working properly?? I`m stunned. ( I`ve owned 4 of them)
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.