Author Topic: so i want to run at el mirage  (Read 5191 times)

Offline panchop

so i want to run at el mirage
« on: November 14, 2006, 12:47:55 AM »
I can run as a guest. But my bike must have a certification and a log book. Of course i don't have these things. how do i go about getting them.
Thanks
Greg

Offline Dean Los Angeles

so i want to run at el mirage
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 01:27:28 AM »
Just to make sure you've got everything you need:

1. SCTA rule book. Make sure you read it, read it again, and then read it a third time.

2. El Mirage Proceedures is available from the SCTA web site.

3. You need a number. For number assignments contact Chuck Kalbach at 760-868-6059 or email KALBACH@SNOWLINE.NET. I'm not sure if a guest needs an assigned number, but Chuck will tell you.

4. At El Mirage locate the registration trailer. Obtain a Vehicle Log Book (VLB) and Chassis Identification Number (CIN) The logbook is $10.00 and includes the CIN decal. Bring your vehicle to the inspection area. Once a race vehicle has completed inspection, with Inspection Form & Vehicle Log Book properly signed off, the vehicle may then be registered at the registration trailer located in the inspection area. (They are about 50 feet from each other.) Vehicle inspection starts between 11 am and noon.

5. All Rookies must attend a Rookie orientation before driving/riding. For the May race this will take place about 4 pm on Friday.

6. Course walk. 5 pm on Friday to inspect the course and pick up debris.

7. Saturday morning you will line up in the rookie line. Even if you hold a 200 mph license from another course, you still have to make the first pass from the rookie line under 150 mph. The traction on the alkali lake bed is far different and safety is the primary concern. The starter determines when a vehicle may start from the rookie line, so if you line up at the start of racing at 8 am it may be a while before you make a run. Your second run will be after everybody has had one run, and you will line up close to dead last for the second run, if there is one. Last weekend only 30 vehicles made a run on Saturday before the wind shut down the course. Sunday runs continued where Saturday left off, and it was about 12:30 Sunday before the first run on Saturday finished. Everybody that wanted a second pass had the opportunity Sunday before the meet ended at 4:25. Even though only 30 ran on Satuday, the 152 entries made 215 starts.

You can run twice a year as a guest, but no records or points.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.