Author Topic: Bob Williamson Collection  (Read 1686 times)

Offline speedrelic

Bob Williamson Collection
« on: August 30, 2018, 11:59:44 PM »
On a regular basis I receive Facebook postings from 'Salt Flats Racing' usually historic photos. Every once in a while there will be some great old photos of Bonneville from the Bob Williamson Collection. I am really interested in seeing more of these especially the older streamliners. The problem is I can't figure out who 'Salt Flats Racing' is or find a way to contact them (him). I have also tried doing a search for the Bob Williamson Photo Collection but nothing there either. The only bit of info I can find is 'Salt Flats Racing' sez they are a restoration shop that worked on the Tommy Thompson car. Anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: Bob Williamson Collection
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 01:11:49 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Salt-Flats-Racing-7388940255/about/?ref=page_internal

Company Overview

Salt Flats Racing is a small race-car construction team that specializes in rebuilding or recreating historic cars that once raced on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. Our first project was the resurrection of the #990 Tommy Thompson streamliner that fist ran in 1953. Our latest venture has been the cloning of a speedster sponsored by Gilmore Oil that ran in 1936 on the Bonneville endurance track.
 Additionally, Salt Flats Racing is positioned to serve as a clearing-house and resource for information, research, and memorabilia related to Bonneville racing in the years 1931 to 1961.

:cheers: :cheers:

Mike
PS: Facebook is a TERRIBLE place to archive old pictures if you want them to be readily retrievable in the future.   :dhorse:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:13:48 AM by 4-barrel Mike »
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!