Author Topic: thousands of hotrod books for sale  (Read 1576 times)

Offline racergeo

thousands of hotrod books for sale
« on: July 24, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »
  My collection includes many titles that you probably forgot or never heard of. About 1200 are collectible. Some of the ones after 1972 are 3 for $5 swap meet items, but a few I paid as much as $30 dollars for. I sold them on Ebay a few years ago to a guy in Maine, cost of shipping was so high through every means we tried that he bailed. He even offered to meet me half way. I loaded a few boxes and they weighed a ton. Take that into account. FYI I am in Olympia Wa. A long way from everything. I would consider any offer or trade for rebuilding an Algon F.I.  LOL I would take them to Bonneville for the right deal.

Offline Podunk

Re: thousands of hotrod books for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 05:49:38 PM »
Do you have an original 1st issue?

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 07:46:14 PM »
Do you have any of "California Bills" (Fred Fisher) stuff from the late 40s and early 50s?  I've got his 1949 Hot Rod Manual and Chevrolet Speed Manual, and I'd be interested if rounding out that collection.

Both have a lot of great photos of early Lakes cars, and Tom Medley's technical drawings and cartoons are incredible.

PM me, if you do.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 09:24:39 PM »
Which Algon. Cherry Berril pump too?
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro