Author Topic: Great support!  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
Great support!
« on: July 18, 2018, 11:59:34 AM »
Just want to say thanks to Delvene and to Drew Gatewood for quick and thorough answers to my questions about fire sleeving. I'm sure you get barraged about this time before the event and I appreciate the very professional manner in which you handle things.

Offline Chris V

Re: Great support!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 12:24:05 PM »
can you alaberate, on your fire sleev issue please
1972 Yamaha R5  350cc

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 01:09:35 PM »
I was asking if fire sleeve that seals with Velcro is allowable (e.g. DEI Fire Wrap 3000). Drew responded that it is, if it is used it must be clamped at both ends just like the traditional Aeroquip style tubular fire sleeve, and that it will be inspected carefully to be sure that it is 100% firmly closed, no gaps or openings in the Velcro seal.

I will probably use the traditional fire sleeve from petcock to carbs, but the tank crossover hose on my bike is kind of a PITA to get at and the Velcro opening sleeve might make getting it on and off a little more manageable.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 01:11:28 PM by Doc B. »

Offline DRW

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 04:35:12 PM »
I also want to say a Big Thank You To Drew Gate wood, I give him questions when im all freaked out and he always answers
way faster than expected an calms me down ,Thank You Drew !!
Doesnt Mean That Much To me, To Mean That Much To You !

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 11:21:49 AM »
I concur!  Might not always be the answer you want to hear but Drew is awesome about communicating with the racers and he actually listens to you if there is an issue with a rule that needs to be corrected.  This is one of the main reasons why we have raced at every BMST/Bubs event since it started!

Offline DRW

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 03:44:19 PM »
Doc B,,    How did you do ??

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 08:40:47 PM »
This rookie got a record in 350 M-CG, 87.876 mph avg, 89.773 on the return. That was with a stock CB77 motor. My calcs estimated 90 mph at 5000ft. density altitude, so I was happy as a clam. Got to pit next to the previous record holder, Jaylin Billig, who has set three records (350 M-CG, 175 M-CG, 175 MPS-CG) in the past few years. She is a truly awesome racer and mechanic, and just the nicest person ever. Chris Vetter's R5 was much faster and he was kind enough to run 350 M-CF for a record in that class rather than clobbering me. I'll need to get my game on and find another 25 HP for next year to get close to his speed. Everyone at the event was an absolute pleasure to be with. Surprised to find Delvene lives about 10 minutes from me. I have already volunteered to help with next year's preparations.

Offline DRW

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 09:15:26 PM »
Psssh, A record first time out !  Great job
Glad you liked it, Man this year was good !!
I wish more people would move from Thinking bout bout racing on the salt
To Salt Racer
DW