Author Topic: Swag from you to us  (Read 4835 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Swag from you to us
« on: July 09, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »
As Salt Talks gets nearer and nearer -- it's time for me to ask you to consider donating some swag to the drawing/giveaway/raffle/auction.  You donate it, I give it to folks that have bought tickets hoping to win it, and the website gets to keep the $$.  How cool is that?

T-shirts, great souvenirs, goodies from your business, hats, pictures, and so on.  Land Speed Louise once donated a collection of old race magazines.  We want stuff that folks will think is cool so they'll buy tickets, get it?

Thanks.  You don't need to ship it to me - just find us on the salt.  Salt Talks will be late Sunday (12 August) afternoon.  No, we don't know where yet but it won't be hidden like last year.

See you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Swag from you to us
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:05:49 AM »
Jon,

here is the deal,

you got me my ticket to get to SLC, a small rental car and the cheap Motel 6 stay....

and I bring you a proper donation for the Salt Talk.......great idea....huh.... :roll: :roll: :roll:....as I done all the years before....I know, it sucks that I have to stay home....

Looks, that this time other people has to stand up....

As Salt Talks gets nearer and nearer -- it's time for me to ask you to consider donating some swag to the drawing/giveaway/raffle/auction.  You donate it, I give it to folks that have bought tickets hoping to win it, and the website gets to keep the $$.  How cool is that?

T-shirts, great souvenirs, goodies from your business, hats, pictures, and so on.  Land Speed Louise once donated a collection of old race magazines.  We want stuff that folks will think is cool so they'll buy tickets, get it?

Thanks.  You don't need to ship it to me - just find us on the salt.  Salt Talks will be late Sunday (12 August) afternoon.  No, we don't know where yet but it won't be hidden like last year.

See you on the salt.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:10:30 AM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 12:24:18 AM »
Hey, kiddos!  Here's my "I need stuff for Salt Talks" post forthe year:

Salt Talks is gonna happen Sunday evening of SpeedWeek.  I've got the usual t-shirts and stuff, and hereby solicit you to donate stuff to the raffle/50-50/auction. Shirts, swag in general, cool gifts that will help folks at Salt Talks decide to put a few bucks into the jar so I can keep the site running.

Send it to me in care of Carquest in Wendover, or give it to Nancy or me on the salt, please.

Thanks.  See you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 08:46:52 AM »
Come on, girls and boys, I'm not being swamped with swag.  Team stickers, team shirts, cool gifts from your companies' larder of things to give away, - got something?  Bring it to the salt and we'll give it away at Salt Talks to support the this website.

Please.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 08:43:54 PM »
Jon, I am sending you a can of West End beer with Stainless. Not to drink but to auction. I picked it up in 1995 when attending the International Speed Challenge. This can is unique because it has a picture of Rosco McGlashan's jet car on it and was produced in very limited numbers. It also comes with a beer cozy enscribed with something very Australian. This can is even more rare in that I had to take extreme measures to hide it from my crew who, if they had found it, would have consumed it on the spot.

John

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 09:15:42 PM »
And I've promised to not drink it....

I'm bringing you a DLRA 2016 event shirt that I picked up at the races this year. (new still has the tag)

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline jdincau

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 02:28:41 PM »
SSS I sent some stuff C/O Mike at CARQuest
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!