Author Topic: 1953 Studebaker (another one) Nascar chassis  (Read 2583 times)

Offline ABIDE

• New folks
1953 Studebaker (another one) Nascar chassis
« on: May 23, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
I messaged Stainless for approval to post.  I donated to the site today.  I have tried to post more than once so if there are duplicates, I am sorry

I'd really like someone to have this that can and will finish it.  Text or call me if you have questions 770 853 1554

here is my post from CL   https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/pts/d/1953-studebaker-nascar/6590861577.html

I listed originally listed for $7500. I will take a lot less. Looking to get it out of my shop. I need the room.

Great Project Car for someone.

Check out some of the details at http://studepidity.blogspot.com/. Brand new never used NASCAR chassis fitted to 1953 studebaker. Items included: extra sheet metal (roof, quarters), glass, older fiberglass front end, bumper, trim, etc. 9" ford full floater housing, steering box, column, springs, trailing truck arms. All chassis stuff has never been used. Also a bunch of new pre fab patch panels from sheet metal repair.

Car would make great pro touring, track car, street car, standing mile, Bonneville, street/strip car.

I started the project as a land speed car but don't have the time to work on it. I am selling for less than I have in it. Frankly and few of the parts are likely cost more than I am asking for it. Body has been sandblasted but is now taking on some surface rust because it has been sitting.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: 1953 Studebaker (another one) Nascar chassis
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 10:38:00 AM »
Thanks to Mr Abide who has, indeed, sent some shekels to the landracing.com numbered account.  Please grant him every bit of good stuff that you feel empowered to serve up to him. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline ABIDE

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 04:46:06 PM »
I have a very low offer from CL.  If anyone is interested, please let me know.  I would like it to go to a good home but will likely take the offer.  I am reasonably sure the intends to resell.

Offline southsaltracer

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 08:16:51 PM »
Still available?, I'm about 4 hours from you.

Offline ABIDE

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 10:48:23 PM »
Yes