Author Topic: Another Ebay, LSR  (Read 4654 times)

Offline Dodge Brother

• TS Coachworks
Another Ebay, LSR
« on: May 20, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »

Offline racergeo

Re: Another Ebay, LSR
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 01:46:49 PM »
     Wow, and I'm sure it has every bit of that invested in it. Sad they can't keep it to realize it's full potential.

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 10:24:40 AM »
Watched this run a few years back at the World of Speed with Tom Bryant. We saw it blow its hood off, leap off the ground a few feet, come down, spin a few times and come to a safe stop. This awesome piece runs over 300 mph, for the right buyer it is a treasure.

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 04:52:28 PM »
You might be thinking of a different car.  This car is fairly new and has only existed for a couple years.  No spins or incidents have occurred with this car.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 06:04:47 PM »
This car is capable of a blue hat,,, if you have the  $$$ and the Tennis Balls
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 06:20:18 PM »
Watched this run a few years back at the World of Speed with Tom Bryant. We saw it blow its hood off, leap off the ground a few feet, come down, spin a few times and come to a safe stop. This awesome piece runs over 300 mph, for the right buyer it is a treasure.

That isn't this car,  bad info.  This car has only run at 2 speedweeks and has been flawless.

Offline dw230

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 05:14:04 PM »
I think Dave is thinking of the Cavilier(sp) of Donnie Stringfellow and Jim Kirk. This car was built by Ed Umland.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 09:41:29 AM »
Okay, was contacted by legend Tom Burkland and observed other comments regarding this listing. Being the older than dirt retired homicide detective I kicked my investigative skills back in gear and found the vehicle I was talking about. It is the Keith Copeland CC number 768 or 1768. A beautiful car and a fast one. It is red and stretched similar to the one listed here. Sorry for the confusion, hope someone with the funding can pick this one up and keep it going.
Dave Haller

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 10:52:32 AM »
This is a photo of the "Black Salt Racing" Triumph Spitfire. Keith Copland's car was at Speed Week in 2016.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 11:36:46 AM »
Okay, was contacted by legend Tom Burkland and observed other comments regarding this listing. Being the older than dirt retired homicide detective I kicked my investigative skills back in gear and found the vehicle I was talking about. It is the Keith Copeland CC number 768 or 1768. A beautiful car and a fast one. It is red and stretched similar to the one listed here. Sorry for the confusion, hope someone with the funding can pick this one up and keep it going.
Dave Haller

You should delete your previous comment.  Bad information can really hurt a cars reputation if someone doesn't read through all the comments.  I built this car for a good friend.  I would hate to have rumors started about the car unjustly. 

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 02:57:39 PM »
Cat wrangling at its finest.  Keith Copeland's first car was a Bocar and ran in mod sports.  It was an open cockpit car with no roof.  It spun, flipped, landed upside down and caught on fire.  Keith had a lengthy recovery but as we know, he's fine now and running his new car which is the Triumph pictured above.  None of this has anything to do with the Baccaruda on eBay. 
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 03:14:11 PM »
Cat wrangling at its finest.  Keith Copeland's first car was a Bocar and ran in mod sports.  It was an open cockpit car with no roof.  It spun, flipped, landed upside down and caught on fire.  Keith had a lengthy recovery but as we know, he's fine now and running his new car which is the Triumph pictured above.  None of this has anything to do with the Baccaruda on eBay. 

Usually I don't worry about what people say or think.  But if it could affect a friends deal then its different. 

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 07:43:27 PM »
I'd guess that if anybody was to read this thread – and I'd imagine that they'd read it all the way thru – that they'd figure out that the comment surely didn't apply to the beautiful car offered.  And if they didn't read the whole thread, I'd suspect that they ought to if they were considering the large purchase.  I think that you only have a short period to retract a post – and if you did, all the following posts correcting that post would not make any sense.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 04:28:04 PM »
I'd guess that if anybody was to read this thread – and I'd imagine that they'd read it all the way thru – that they'd figure out that the comment surely didn't apply to the beautiful car offered.  And if they didn't read the whole thread, I'd suspect that they ought to if they were considering the large purchase.  I think that you only have a short period to retract a post – and if you did, all the following posts correcting that post would not make any sense.

True enough