Author Topic: Just ran across this, EFI/Ignition controllers, Czech origin.  (Read 5400 times)

Offline WhizzbangK.C.

• Ed Bennett, Speed Team Doo Kansas City fab shop.
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of.  Douglas Adams

Offline RansomT

Re: Just ran across this, EFI/Ignition controllers, Czech origin.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 04:26:20 PM »
Interesting for sure .... but I can't get my head around the purpose.  Some of the bikes listed in the defaults are very modern EFI systems, e.g. BMW S1000rr, but the box only controls the ignition and not the fuel.  Switching EFIs over to carbs??

Offline WhizzbangK.C.

• Ed Bennett, Speed Team Doo Kansas City fab shop.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 09:39:13 PM »
Looks like that's the main point, but they also have an injection controller called Ignijet on the site that can be programmed and configured via PC and has a pretty good list of available features  (CLUTCH MASTER, GEAR SHIFT LIGHT, START LIMITER, N2O controller, PIT speed control, LAUNCH control) and they mention somewhere in there being able to work as traction control as well. They also say that they include the PC software with the purchase. Seems like it might give some of the other EFI and injection controls a run for their money if it actually works as they say.  :cheers:

BTW, I have absolutely no affiliation with them at all, just something I ran across while doing some unrelated research and thought folks here might find interesting.
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of.  Douglas Adams

Offline rgdavid

• fancy metalwork
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 01:33:06 PM »
Good products, 
Ive got freinds who use their ignition sytems on 2 stroke bikes,
Easy to programme and good results if not to high revs,
At very high revs (13000/1400rpms) the spark timing wanders a bit.

Offline mergatroyd

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 02:52:16 AM »
They seem to have their Ducati products down pat. The Ignitech is indeed used to replace FI with carburation. Many feel that it is better in intangible ways.
I have no idea what I'm doing... but it seems to be working!