Author Topic: Fresh air intake rule help  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Camaro2191

• New folks
  • Lane Wiggers
Fresh air intake rule help
« on: May 04, 2018, 07:59:14 AM »
I’m hoping someone can help.  I’m doing the final prep on my car for Arkansas in June. 

In rereading the rule book i noted - “All enclosed driver compartments shall be equipped with a forward-pointing fresh air intake..."

I’ve read a few posts on here about the topic but it still isn’t clear to me.  I have a 1989 Camaro that will be running in GC.  The floor is sheet metal but the rest of the body is largely factory.   As noted in a few other posts, I can’t easily put a naca duct in the factory side windows.  Does that leave me with running some sort of fireproof hose from the nose of the car into the interior.  I’m not trying to overthink this, I just don’t want to have a problem in tech.  I’ve looked at a ton of cars at bville and Ohio and don’t recall a pitot tube like setup in any of them. 

Thanks,  Lane. 

1989 Camaro - URGENTLY - B/GC and C/GC
Arkansas Mile and Bonneville
No records yet...but I am trying

Offline RichFox

Re: Fresh air intake rule help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 10:11:10 AM »
On my Vega, I put a small scoop on the roof just forward of the driver.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 10:33:34 AM »
I have seen both done
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 05:06:43 PM »
Our 91 camaro has 2" flex exhaust tubing running from behind the left front turn signal to a hole in the fire wall just above the steering column.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15