Author Topic: My Arkansas Mile Post Mortem (add yours as necessary)  (Read 3856 times)

Offline QikNip

My Arkansas Mile Post Mortem (add yours as necessary)
« on: April 17, 2018, 11:19:38 AM »
First off a big ... no, make that a HUGE  thanks to Steve and CJ (as well as Keith and Tanya) for all their efforts. Regrettably the weather (especially the wind) made for pretty limited opportunities to run... A small number of passes on Friday afternoon and zero on Saturday, but generally speaking Sunday was better (especially the air density!).

Steve's new multi-lane staging idea looks to have real merit and the starter's yellow "Get Ready" sign to alert the driver in position #1 that the preceding car has cleared the trap was great. The green "Go" sign (in my opinion) needs to be dropped in favor of returning to the starter pointing at you and then down the track to signal the start.

The pit arrangement was super, spacious and access was easy-cheesy. All in all, I look forward to returning - albeit with hopefully in better weather! :cheers:
Rick
138.0 G/CPRO 4/18 Arkansas Mile Challenge Record
145.632 G/CPRO 8/17 Bonneville Record
149.825 G/CPRO 8/18 Bonneville Record
142.443 G/CPRO 9/20 Loring 1.0 Mile Record
156.343 G/CPRO 9/20 Loring 1.5 Mile Record

Offline edinlr

Re: My Arkansas Mile Post Mortem (add yours as necessary)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 10:33:47 PM »
I agree about having a starter to send you off.  They are just too important for looking at safety gear and I always count on them to remind me to tilt my visor down on my helmet.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline Ultra Mike

• New folks
Re: My Arkansas Mile Post Mortem (add yours as necessary)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:52:27 PM »
Let me add my big thank you's to Steve, C.J. and the whole crew.
Yes to a Driver Safety check before the line.
I hope no one minds that I've asked for a little room between vehicles on the start grid. I'd like to rub the rocks off my tires before getting up to the starter. I'm pretty new to LS and it looks a little different at each mile event.  :-D
Birds fly and so too do I