Author Topic: Roy Fjastad  (Read 3467 times)

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Roy Fjastad
« on: February 27, 2018, 12:51:48 AM »
Truly sad news, long time land speed racer, 200 MPH club member & former 2 club president Roy Fjastad has made his final pass.
Truly a talented man, it's been said he built hundreds of Top Fuel dragsters in the 60's & 70's through his SPE chassis company.
He also started The Deuce Factory building specialized hot rod parts before hot rods were cool.

God Speed Roy
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Buamotorsport

Re: Roy Fjastad
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 01:06:14 AM »
A true genius. God speed.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 01:09:52 AM »
D@mn!  Another hot rod hero gone.   :-(

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 03:28:35 PM »
 Each trip to California we always enjoyed visiting with Roy he will be missed for sure more of our history has left us God Speed Roy.
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 03:56:12 PM »
I've just read of Roy's passing on the HAMB.  Roy was one of the SoCal pioneers in drag racing and a Bonneville racer for many many years. I was a neighbor of his when I moved to Fountain Valley and friends with all 3 of his children who have continued in the automotive fraternity.
Roy was the 200 MPH Club President when joined and was welcomed in by him. It was my pleasure to have known him.....he will be missed.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline dw230

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 12:28:17 PM »
Roy's passing is a great loss for the community. Iep down. had the honor of taking the reins of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club when Roy decided to step down, big shoes to fill. Joanie & I wish Katy, Carl and the rest of the family and friends our sincerest sympathies.

God Speed Roy,

Dan Warner
President
Bonnevville 200 MPH Club
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 04:32:06 PM »
RIP "Roy Fiesta"

Another legend has passed!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 01:26:43 PM »
  Back in early 1998 I flew down to L.A. and Bruce Geisler took Me to Roy's shop (and many others) because I wanted to buy some of Roy's trick "dzuz" fasteners for the Stude I was building for Bville.  Roy greeted Me like a old friend, showing Me how the machine that He built to produce the fasteners worked, which was truly amazing. Then We started talking Race Cars and We went over His vehicle (sans skin) from one end to the other with him patiently explaining and answering every question I asked and giving Me a ton of tips on the do's and don't's in building any race car.
  He sold Me Fifty bucks worth of parts and about two hours of his time for no charge.  Since that moment I have probably spent three times more cash but I still owe Him for the two hours of free classroom time.
  I salute one of my Racing Hero's and a hell of a nice guy... Roy Fjastad.  God Speed Roy.
                                                                                                          Bob Drury
Bob Drury

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 06:27:56 PM »
ORB --

Nice memorial -- thanx for sharing.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records