Author Topic: Blown Fuel Rear Engined Roadster  (Read 20263 times)

Buamotorsport

Re: Blown Fuel Rear Engined Roadster
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2018, 01:49:38 PM »
Yanno, that's the heck of it with land speed racing.  These "old" dudes that have done well -- can't seem to get it out of their system, let it go and retire to chewing gum and reading old TV Guides.

Thanks!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I am so glad they don’t. ISKY is 97...has forgotten more than I will ever learn now. So proud I can represent my hero and hopefully get in the record books. With Floyd Lippencotte’s experience and “Legend” Bill Schultz with my buddy Sparky Perry wrenching and tuning. Carl Olson & Al Teague giving us some serious input we are on a very sharp learning curve. My targets remain....get there, get through tech, then get seat time and put some laps on the car and do nothing stupid.

Offline handyguy

• BANTAM FOURPLAY
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2018, 08:16:52 PM »
 As for inspection , I like to take the list and go through it line by line and explain how I am meeting the rules to someone else !!   Pic of my '37 English Austin Opal getting it's engine back finally !!    STEVE

Buamotorsport

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2018, 11:51:44 PM »
As for inspection , I like to take the list and go through it line by line and explain how I am meeting the rules to someone else !!   Pic of my '37 English Austin Opal getting it's engine back finally !!    STEVE

I’m pretty confident we will get through tech. Just you never know. I have checked and checked so fingers crossed.

Have not seen a 37 Austin in years an they are pretty rare even over here.

Buamotorsport

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2018, 06:39:13 AM »
The motor is in. Now to bolt all the other bits and bobs on. Not long now.

Offline comet

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2018, 07:50:52 AM »
Good luck Geoff.
I'll be keeping an ear to the radio from this side of the pond if I can. I'm looking forward to hearing you do well.

Cheers
John

Buamotorsport

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2018, 04:13:00 AM »
The Trailer is ready to load. Yippeee

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2018, 05:07:00 AM »
Good luck. Have fun. Wish I was there.

John
A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.

Buamotorsport

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2018, 05:13:27 AM »
So do I. Lots of Brits coming out this year..not only to compete but watch as well. Shame you cannot make it. Salt conditions are supposed to be really good.

Buamotorsport

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2018, 01:07:03 AM »
Update. Firstly we got there...a day late but we got there. Saturday we set up the pit and got the car through tech. Exhausted after the 15 hour tow it was get some sleep and ready myself for Sunday. The plan was not to rush ourselves. Making sure we checked everything. Fired the motor and boy did it sound good. The blown hemi cackling away. We decided as it was my first drive of the car to go over to the rookie course. Just a gentle drive to get the feel of it and not set the world on fire. 7707 was just so easy to drive. Really smooth. Everything worked the way it should have.

Back to the pits and just check it over. Reset the valve clearances, etc etc. Then out for the 2nd run.

More to follow....

But I need to thank my team...Bill Schultz, Sparky Perry, Bob Muravez, Sharon Muravez, Carl Olson, Tony Betts and Al Teague. It would not have happened without them. So many hours putting this together. Plus very special thanks go to my family for letting me do this and HUGE thanks to ISKY himself for his guidance, help and making a product so good. Lucas Oil also for supporting me and providing the best products.

Buamotorsport

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2018, 09:08:18 AM »
Anyway...13th ...at 15.24

2 mile 216.573 alt 7345 with 13% humidity
21/4 246.512
3 mile 223.429

14th At 12.03 alt 6828ft with 16% humidity

2 mile 211.601
21/4 242.663
3 mile 251.917
4 mile 243.488

This run put us in impound .

15th at 8.08am alt 5937 with 39% humidity

2 mile 231.347
21/4 256.221
3 mile 265.221
4 mile 256.626

Class record of 258.679 set. 👍👍👍👍

We achieved far more than we thought we could. So a huge thank you to everyone, from the security, the start line crews, tech, announcers, medical crews and the SCTA. The only down side was even at 265.221 and the record we didn’t hit the 290 minimum for a red hat when you get a blue hat for 300 just 10mph more. I wish the minimums could be reviewed as 290 seems over the top but we will see what happens next year.

The car is now in the workshops being cleaned and readied for next year.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2018, 12:42:37 PM »
With the C/Blown Fuel Rear-engine Modified Roadster record at 316, it doesn't seem unfair to ask 290 for an A.

The A/Blown Fuel Roadster (nee altered) record is over 300.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Buamotorsport

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2018, 01:04:10 PM »
Doesn’t mean it’s right. Some of the minimums need looking at so that it encourages entries and innovation.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:08:12 PM by Buamotorsport »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2018, 01:23:11 PM »
Looks right to me.

How about Participation Trophies to encourage more entries?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2018, 05:16:36 PM »
I'll go with Stan on this one. I was involved with some of the minimums discussion with Dan during this time with rear engine modifieds (I don't remember which ones so don't ask) and with the "C" being well over 300 a 290 minimum should be plenty of incentive.
It isn't the 2 Clubs intent to make it ez. Your record of 265 in B, and a record in C of 316, will give a lot of incentive for engines to be built for existing cars or new cars built.
You should be happy with a SCTA-BNI record in one year and I'm sure you are. I started in 1975 and got in the club in 2003. Even with that time it took the last 6 years of dumping nitro thru an engine to get the hat.
I'm sure you won't give up....good luck. :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 05:18:55 PM by jimmy six »
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Buamotorsport

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2018, 05:49:55 PM »
i don’t know what I am going to do yet for next year but I took many positives away with me. I got my “A” & “AA” licence. The car went the fastest it has ever been with this setup by some 30mph plus and we got a record. Do I think it could run 290 plus with its current combination....unlikely. We don’t have traction control or electronic injection. Just a good old aluminium KB with a blower and injection.