Author Topic: As we get ready for the 2018 season, let's make sure we support this forum  (Read 5696 times)

Offline edinlr

Slim won't ask for money, so I'll suggest it.  There's a DONATE button at the top of the page.  I know I get a whole lot more value out of this site than any magazine I could buy, so it is an easy decision to help him out.  No doubt he puts in more time and money than he receives.  Thanks for all of your hard work Slim and we especially appreciate the witty comments.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Buamotorsport

Absolutely. It cannot come soon enough for me.

Offline QikNip

Gotta go fetch my CC upstairs!  :cheers:
138.0 G/CPRO 4/18 Arkansas Mile Challenge Record
145.632 G/CPRO 8/17 Bonneville Record
149.825 G/CPRO 8/18 Bonneville Record
142.443 G/CPRO 9/20 Loring 1.0 Mile Record
156.343 G/CPRO 9/20 Loring 1.5 Mile Record

Offline martine

• Vero Drive - Advanced Driving Coaching
Yep - good idea - donation done.
Martin - Bloodhound LSR ambassador

Offline topwrench

• New folks
So im brand new here
I didnt quite understand the introduce yourself part and didnt do it
So Ill do it here
Ive been racing stock cars for quite a few years ...and as of late my interests have evolved into landracing
I plan to attend Boneville this year (2018).just to watch and get to know some people
I dont have any delusions of grandeur..  it took me 3 years to learn how to drive a short track so I dont have great expectations
Plan to go see this summer and maybe show up with a car the year after...maybe a Lakester
Ive built a few racecars and I know how time consuming it is...not to ,ention the learning curve
I dont know ANYTHING about going fast in the salt
dont know
suspension
weight distribution
front end geometry
centers of pressures
centers of gravities
rear end ratios
and a lot of other stuff
I do have a rule book but of course as any racer/builder knows the rule book doesent tell me any of that stuff
So I hope someone reads this and answers ...I somehow couldnt get the Introduce yourself deal to work
Thanks
Al

Offline Podunk

Al,
Where are you located? Find someone close to you on the forum. Help them get their car ready and crew with them. Free skilled help is usually welcome. Watching for a week can get old. Being on a crew is cool no matter what the skill level. If you can fabricate that is a real plus.
Terry