Author Topic: Test N Tune 2018  (Read 13576 times)

Offline USFRAMONTE

Re: Test N Tune 2018
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 09:39:49 AM »
After much discussion last night, it boiled down to the fact that we just did not have enough entries to make the Test N Tune a viable meet. So we are sorry to report that there will be no Test N Tune this year.
The volunteers had already agreed to work with no per diem and no lunch provided. We talked about not providing motel rooms in an effort to cut the expenses but still could not make the numbers work.
Those who entered and paid their fees will be fully refunded. We will try again next year. See you in September.

Offline deep in debt motorsports

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 10:13:43 AM »
Thanks for the effort!!!
#327 C/GR

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 10:22:56 AM »
Monty, what was the salt prognosis? Interested to know if the surface looks better or worse than last year.

John

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 10:34:51 AM »
Monty, what was the salt prognosis? Interested to know if the surface looks better or worse than last year.

John

John,  I have not been out to the salt yet this year. When Dennis and Larry were out in April, they reported the salt was smooth and hard all the way to the seven mile. Dennis was able to drive his truck at 90 mph the entire way and reported no pot holes or ruts.  At the seven they tested the surface by trying to stick a screwdriver through the salt. The had to use a good deal of force to get it to poke through but when it did, they found the salt layer to be only about 1/4" thick.  The two of them were back out there on Memorial Day, it had rained to the point that the salt was under water. They will be going back out again next week to scout course locations and start the dragging process. Will know more then and be able to give you a better more up-to-date report next week.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 11:13:06 AM »
Thanks To ALL USFRA members---you did your part--- but we racers all have to respond and be willing to support with $$$$ be  willing to attend.  Thanks again to USFRA
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 01:11:17 PM »
Monty:

I would like to ad my words to Sparky's. You folks do a welcome and remarkable job. Wish I could be out there this year but will be back next.

John