Author Topic: Class for Lambretta scooter  (Read 7720 times)

sonicdave

Class for Lambretta scooter
« on: November 06, 2006, 12:34:08 AM »
I'm interested in running a Lambretta scooter next year but can't find a class to run in.The engine will sleeved down to 125cc ,turbocharged,frame lenghtened and raked with dustbin fairing.running on 10" wheels.

landracing

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 08:57:33 AM »
Dave,

The strange thing that strikes me is the Dustbin fairing. to my knowledge dustbins are not allowed. So right there takes you out of any classes.

Even without the dustbin fairing, and put a regular fairing on that should put you in a APS-BF or APS-BG, or even maybe a MPS-bf or MPS-BG.

Above this thread is the rule book for download. Grad it and read thru it.

Good Luck
Jon

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 11:56:08 AM »
10" rims also take ya out of a bike class. with the bin and rims you'll have to put a 3rd wheel on it and run as a side car. oh yeh make sure those hoops are at least "h" rated. your gonna have ta run at least 116mph.
kent

sonicdave

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 09:35:46 PM »
What about I just race in Run wat ya brung!
 Is tech the same?

Offline pdubu

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 09:46:07 PM »
The way I read it if the wheels are stock at 10, then they are okay for modified unless the rules changes between now and then.

The dustbin will have to go or you need to add a sidecar platform.

bak189

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 12:11:35 AM »
If you plan to race the BUB Speed Trials you can certainly ride your scooter in "run what ya brung".In the past couple of years at the BUB meets there have been "scooters" running, in fact they have been over 100mph.
For your safety, the tires should be at least H-rated.  Remember, the SCTA/BNI rules and the AMA/FIM  (BUB) are NOT the same..

bak189

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 12:23:26 AM »
If you plan to run it as a sidecar by adding a 3rd wheel you can run the dustbin fairing.....
but by AMA/FIM rules you will have to carry a passenger or 60kg of weight in the sidecar............If you race SCTA/BNI as a sidecar
just add a 3rd wheel and a 12inch by 36inch
platform.  Good luck