Author Topic: 2018 SCTA rules  (Read 4430 times)

LittleLiner

2018 SCTA rules
« on: February 05, 2018, 04:08:31 PM »
In years past I recall that the SCTA approved rule changes were shown here on Landracing.com in advance of the rulebooks being available.  Has that happened this year?  Maybe I missed it.  Anybody know?   thx

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: 2018 SCTA rules
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 08:29:34 PM »
     Hasn't happened yet this year on here.  Also usually posted on the SCTA website in advance of the rulebook availability, hasn't happened there yet either unless I'm looking in the wrong places, been checking daily.  I'm  particularly interested in the new arm restraint attachment requirements, if I should be making changes to my present set up I'd like to get them in the works.

Ed

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 08:45:58 PM »
I think that change is the way they adjust... My bet is almost everyone will need new arm restraints.  Mine are sitting at DJ waiting for the final rule so he can fix or replace them and send them back.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »
     For those that haven't noticed yet the link to the '18 rules changes went up on the SCTA website today.

Ed

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 08:04:01 PM »
I asked Mike Kaehny about the new book and he responded:

"The proofs are going out in the next day or three. At the board meeting last week it was announced that the rule book is "in progress and on time with no delays expected".
There is a link on the SCTA-BNI website that will get you to the approved changes.
Don't know if you saw that there will be a pre-season inspection next month here in SoCal. There is a link on the site to that as well.
"

Thanks for the info, Mike.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sofadriver

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 01:32:17 AM »
Motorcycle change #2. Can't wait to see who builds the first 2 wheel drive motorcycle streamliner  :evil:

Happy to see a change to paragraph 7.B.19. It's dicey getting rolling on a bike that's only 2 feet tall, has 40 degrees front end rake, is absurdly over-geared  and has only 15 degrees of steering. Should be a lot less tip-overs at the starting line and end of the turn-outs.

Sorry to see that a ruling on the salt about what is the "front" of a front fender wasn't clarified.
Mike in Tacoma

"aww, what the hell - let's just do it".............

Bike #833
100cc A/G, A/F and APS/G (in 2019)