Author Topic: How do I insert photos into a thread?  (Read 1628 times)

Offline J79

• J79 Exhaust from a F4 Phantom II
How do I insert photos into a thread?
« on: January 20, 2018, 07:29:40 PM »
I have about 10 photos of the F4 Phantom exhaust end that is aboard the USS Hornet Aircraft Carrier Museum in Alameda, CA. that I would like to  post inside a thread. How do I do this? I see the img box but when I click on it, it does not take me to where the photos are located, which is currently on my laptop. How do I get the photos from my laptop to this thread?
"My, people come and go so quickly here." Dorothy, from the movie Wizard of Oz.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

From the movie Dr. Strangelove, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline panic

• My tech papers
Re: How do I insert photos into a thread?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »
Use the "Additional Options", then "Attach" on the lower left.

Offline J79

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 01:06:34 PM »
Thankyou Panic. I see that part and have attached one photo as a test and it works. Next question is, Can I upload more than1 photo in sequence and continue to add more photos or do I have to start a new reply to add another photo? From what I tried, I had to use the reply and then add another photo.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:22:31 PM by J79 »

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:41:05 PM »
Photos added are limited to no more than four attachments - and the total size of the four must be under 500kb.  I.E. for those of you that aren't up to it:  4 pics each 125k, or three at 167 each, or two 200s and a pair of 50s, etc ad infinitum.

OR use a photo hosting site like Flickr and then you can post as many of whatever the heck size you want in any single post.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline J79

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 08:34:50 PM »
Photos added are limited to no more than four attachments - and the total size of the four must be under 500kb.  I.E. for those of you that aren't up to it:  4 pics each 125k, or three at 167 each, or two 200s and a pair of 50s, etc ad infinitum.

OR use a photo hosting site like Flickr and then you can post as many of whatever the heck size you want in any single post.

Is it possible to make the sizing automated for those who cannot figure things out easily?

What does the "Insert Image" box do that I see above the smiley faces?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 08:41:27 PM »

Is it possible to make the sizing automated for those who cannot figure things out easily?

What does the "Insert Image" box do that I see above the smiley faces?

Of course that can't be automated... it keeps the riff raff from posting pictures   :roll:
Just kidding  :-D
the insert Image is there to use a photo hosting site like Flickr and then you can post as many of whatever the heck size you want in any single post.
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O