Author Topic: J79 Turbine exhaust photos x 11 from F4 Phantom II, USS Hornet Aircraft Carrier  (Read 2043 times)

Offline J79

• J79 Exhaust from a F4 Phantom II
11 photos of the J79 exhaust end of a F4 Phantom from the USS Hornet Aircraft Carrier Museum in Alameda, CA.

What is interesting about the F4 Phantom is that usually the exhaust is the end of the airplane. With the F4 Phantom, you can see their is a lot more airplane parts that extend beyond the exhaust and are subjected to the heat from the exhaust and afterburner and these parts have to be heat protected/hardened, photos 4-7.

Photo 1.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:59:34 PM by J79 »
"My, people come and go so quickly here." Dorothy, from the movie Wizard of Oz.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

From the movie Dr. Strangelove, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline J79

Photo 2.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline J79

Photo 3.

Offline J79

Photo 4. 

Offline J79

Photo 5.

Offline J79

Photo 6.

Offline J79

Photo 7.

Offline J79

Photo 8.

Offline J79

Photo 9.

Offline J79

Photo 10.

Offline J79

Photo 11.