Author Topic: Craig Breedlove sues Chicago Museum for damaging his 1965 Spirit of America Car.  (Read 8025 times)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
That rudder steering scares me.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline J79

• J79 Exhaust from a F4 Phantom II
On their website it says: "Restored by Lincolnwood Auto Body for Museum of Sience and Industry Chicago."

Does that mean
1. they painted/restored the car in 1965 before it was put in the Museum?
2. when the car was in the Museum, did they cut the car in half to put it in the elevator and put it back together?
3. did they restore the car in 2017 after Craig Breedlove removed the car from the Museum?

Just found this :

https://lincolnwoodautobody.com/about-us/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 05:18:35 PM by J79 »
"My, people come and go so quickly here." Dorothy, from the movie Wizard of Oz.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

From the movie Dr. Strangelove, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline N72727

On their website it says: "Restored by Lincolnwood Auto Body for Museum of Sience and Industry Chicago."

Does that mean
1. they painted/restored the car in 1965 before it was put in the Museum?
2. when the car was in the Museum, did they cut the car in half to put it in the elevator and put it back together?
3. did they restore the car in 2017 after Craig Breedlove removed the car from the Museum?
I don't think that the photos with the panels in the paint booth are from 1965.

Offline N72727

Offline kiwi belly tank

Looks about half size.
  Sid.

Offline J79

• J79 Exhaust from a F4 Phantom II
Using the binder paper that is in front of the model, I would estimate it is about 6 feet long.
"My, people come and go so quickly here." Dorothy, from the movie Wizard of Oz.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

From the movie Dr. Strangelove, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
figuring a 10 ft pop up my guess is 15 ft.....
what does the winner get....  :cheers:  a cup of coffee for $3  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
figuring a 10 ft pop up my guess is 15 ft.....
what does the winner get....  :cheers:  a cup of coffee for $3  :cheers:

The model looks to be situated dead center between two 10' pop ups so I am going with J79's 6' estimate.

John

Offline salt27

I'm going with 10'   

Offline Podunk

Judging from the pickup in the background I'll go with 15 ft. If I win I'd rather have an apple juice like the Truck Stop Cafe used to serve. But if I win I'll split it with Stainless.

Offline salt27

Yeah, you're probably right, if it wasn't longer than 10' they wouldn't have two easy ups. 

Offline N72727

The question should not only be about the size of this model, but where it is today.