Author Topic: spring race  (Read 35499 times)

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
Re: spring race
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2018, 05:27:05 PM »
Missed any post about fuel at the site. VP or someone else going to be there selling fuel?
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline saltracer1

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2018, 08:19:02 AM »
just received this email..............

Hello, Everyone!

Please respond to this email even if it does not apply to you.  A simple "no" response is fine.

The topic is VP fuel and the quantity that you require.

The fuel will be sold in the usual VP 5-gallon can.  Pricing is going to be dictated by the volume.  We will confirm pricing once we hear from everyone.

There will not be a fuel vendor on-site so we need to pre-order.

Best Regards,
CJ Strupp
708-769-3522

email was from Carolyn Strupp ecta.cj@gmail.com

Offline Ultra Mike

• New folks
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2018, 01:07:03 PM »
Hello everyone!! I'm Mike Segorski (Ultra Mike) and as a realllly newbe to LSR.   I'm coming to you all for advice and help. I'm registered for the Blytheville event with a Modern Street class MS/8B car. (I think)  Yesterday I received my copy of the rules book so I feel that I'm quite a bit behind you all in deciphering what I need to make a pass down track. As near as I can tell I'll have met the car's safety requirements. However..... Here's where I'm struggling.  To me the safety gear requirements show ambiguous driver suit spec's for cars running over 200 mph. On page 20 for a blown, supercharged open belt car the suit needs to be SFI 3.2A/20  but on page 62 for over 210 mph it's an SFI 3.2A/1.  I'm pretty sure I'm making more of this than necessary but I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
Thanks for your help, EH!
Birds fly and so too do I

Offline RansomT

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2018, 07:48:47 PM »
From looking at the "new" street class rules that are posted on line:  

Just with the street class only, the suit just needs to be SFI 3.2A/1 .... personally, if I had a street car that was capable of 200+, I would wear at least a SFI  3.2A/5 or maybe some fire retardant underware with my /1 suit.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:53:52 PM by RansomT »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2018, 10:16:57 PM »
There's a 1  :-o  :-o is it more protection than jeans and a t-shirt?  Remember the rules are minimums...
buy what you'd feel comfortable in sitting in a little fire for a few minutes....  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Buamotorsport

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2018, 11:59:46 PM »
Hello everyone!! I'm Mike Segorski (Ultra Mike) and as a realllly newbe to LSR.   I'm coming to you all for advice and help. I'm registered for the Blytheville event with a Modern Street class MS/8B car. (I think)  Yesterday I received my copy of the rules book so I feel that I'm quite a bit behind you all in deciphering what I need to make a pass down track. As near as I can tell I'll have met the car's safety requirements. However..... Here's where I'm struggling.  To me the safety gear requirements show ambiguous driver suit spec's for cars running over 200 mph. On page 20 for a blown, supercharged open belt car the suit needs to be SFI 3.2A/20  but on page 62 for over 210 mph it's an SFI 3.2A/1.  I'm pretty sure I'm making more of this than necessary but I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
Thanks for your help, EH!

Any driver will tell you especially where your own safety is concerned is always get the best you can afford because when you are upside down, the car is on fire ....what would you rather be wearing? Call Allen at the Simpson Roadshow or Big Ben at DJ Safety....they can advise you.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2018, 11:56:00 AM »
I'm gonna jump in to "defend" Mike.  I know he's got the -20 suit on order but it won't be done in time for the event, that's all.

Maybe I'll take the liberty of asking for him:  Anyone got a suit he can borrow during the weekend?  I might be wrong, but just in case, yanno...
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RansomT

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »
What size?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2018, 09:31:41 AM »
I'll ask Mike to letcha know what size he is.  Thanks, Ransom.

As for the race event in general, here's where I think landracing.com and I are:  No, we won't stream the audio.  I had offered to do so but because this is the first event - new announcer, he's not schooled on the equipment yet - I don't want to promise that I'll be able to even find the audio output from his announcing board much less have everything smooth and dandy!  I'll have the equipment there with me but Steve Strupp has suggested that I don't promise to give youse guys audio.  Wait and see.

I'll be there with Mike Segorski, a car guy, whose car is done at the dyno but is now getting the cage fitted-up.  Don't know for sure if it'll be done but we'll be there anyway (as of this morning we plan, at least) and I'll be looking for a ride on anybody's bike I can fit.  Nancy won't be with me - somebody's gotta stay home and keep the fire going in the boiler.  Chances are that we'll show up Thursday in time to leave his car at the track.

C U ina week or so.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RansomT

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2018, 11:32:59 AM »
Just don't bring more cold weather with ya, we have enough. Awoke this morning to about 2" of snow on the ground, suppose to be near 20F in the morning.

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2018, 11:49:04 AM »
Firesuit specs: I think it is simple to decide what suit you should wear. Do you have a job the requires you to walk and use your hands? How fast can you stop your car from maximum speed and get clear of the burning car?
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2018, 12:53:19 PM »
Joe, your comment is perzackly why I mentioned the point earlier:

(Jon said): I'm gonna jump in to "defend" Mike.  I know he's got the -20 suit on order but it won't be done in time for the event, that's all.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Ultra Mike

• New folks
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2018, 05:14:36 PM »
Thanks Seldom Seen Slim,
I admit, my delivery was unclear to my previous post about fire suits. So again thanks.

Birds fly and so too do I

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2018, 02:55:35 PM »
I will be interested to hear how the event this weekend goes.  I offered to volunteer but was told they didn't need any more people to help out.  That was a surprise, especially being a new event.

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2018, 09:26:11 AM »
Heading that way tomorrow morning!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz