Author Topic: Seth Hammond to run in lower classes  (Read 17298 times)

Offline racergeo

Re: Seth Hammond to run in lower classes
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2018, 10:24:28 PM »
  Seth needs a tax write off? Who knew...

Offline vintageracecar

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2018, 08:34:41 AM »
Seth's car went into the World of Speed museum in Oregon today as a donation.

Well, actually it didn't go to Oregon.
Went to Speedway Motors in Lincoln, Nebraska and was delivered there.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2018, 03:40:13 PM »
  Can you guys get it right!!! Where is Seth's car????  If it did go to the Speedway Motors Museum it is in one of my favorite places in the world. Given a choice between going to some  ancient place in Europe with a bunch of paintings and looking at the coolest hot rod, race car and lunch pail collection in the world I'd choose the latter every time. Speedy Bill, one cool dude he was.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2018, 01:40:40 AM »
Museum of American Speed (established by Speedy Bill Smith). I could hope that Seth's machine is there for me to view. I'll be trying to get there in 2019.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline bubruins

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2018, 02:20:12 AM »
Marking that down on the route from TN to Arnold, NE for the 2019 summer road trip. I would have never heard of the place were it not for the Hammond car but it looks fascinating.

Offline trimmers

• Jeff in Boise
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2018, 06:42:14 AM »
The Museum of American Speed is truly amazing.  All Gearheads should visit at least once in their lifetimes, whether the 77 is there or not.  If it is, I'd guess they may have put it alongside the neat exhibit featuring Flatfire.
For my first visit there, I was in town for the SCCA Autocross National Championship  (the world's largest automotive competition event).  SCCA made arrangements for a special after-hours viewing for entrants, and I was completely blown away!  In addition to many historically-significant race cars, the assemblage of ancient speed equipment and engines is unbelievable! It really is Gearhead heaven.  I've returned a couple of times since, and I look forward to visiting again.
There is one big problem with the place, though - its daily hours are too short!  They're always closed on Sundays.  From May to September, they're open Mon-Fri from noon to 4:30, and 9am until 1pm on Saturdays.  From October through April, the hours are the same, but they're closed Tuesday through Thursday.  My point is that if you only want to check out the cars, you can probably do it in a single day.  But if you're REALLY into the old, rare engines (Millers, DOHC Studebakers, quad-cam Indy Fords, V-16 small block Chevy, Offy's,  and many, many more) or speed equipment (literally hundreds and hundreds of flathead intake manifolds and heads, etc.) or pedal cars, toy cars, and more spread out over the large three-story facility, then you'll need several days to take it all in.

Jeff in Boise 

------------- 1 of just 3 in all 3  -------------
USFRA 130 MPH Club 09/18/2008 136.757
USFRA 150 MPH Club 09/17/2009 152.162
Bonneville 200 MPH Club 09/15/2019 218.600
Best Run: 253.080 MPH 09/14/2019 #6556

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2018, 09:14:15 PM »
If you can't go to see Seth's car in person at least visit the site...
https://www.museumofamericanspeed.com/

Offline vintageracecar

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2018, 02:13:54 PM »

Offline jim b

• New folks
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2019, 04:27:47 PM »
Speaking of retired cars, does anyone know what happened to this edition of the Hammond racing chronicles.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2019, 06:34:30 PM »
Seth sold it to Bob Button then Button sold it to Dennis Marioni whos still has it.

Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...