Author Topic: UK Lakester build G/GL  (Read 289790 times)

Offline Lemming Motors

Re: UK Lakester build G/GL
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2018, 04:25:40 AM »
Roll structure progresses (sans helmet hoops).
I have a business trip to the US in May and will pickup some bits while I am there.
A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2018, 10:41:34 AM »
John, if your trip includes middle America (Wichita KS) John Goodman (GGL205) and I will show you our 2 liter challengers...
Your frame is looking stout... keep the pics coming  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2018, 11:33:14 AM »
Thanks Stainless
Our company offices are, unfortunately as I'd love to see you cars, Irvine Ca and Madison NJ. I've managed to visit both this trip but it doesn't leave me much time to get to Simpson in Ca (if they allow visitors) and some parts are being sent to a hot rod colleague in NJ, which is why I depart from that coast (don't have to lug them via Delta cattle class - don't think they would be amused but Int'l should be okay).

I'll wave as I flyover on Wednesday May 23rd.

Just received my DJ harness (for set-up and testing in the UK) after several months - translation issue - my mistake; I wanted to 'loop' the shoulder webbing around a cross member but Loop is a different meaning and what I should have specified is wrap around. Loop is continuous from the latch, over one shoulder, loop a tube, back over the other shoulder to the latch - that makes it a 6 point harness doesn't it - I assume a 'point' is a chassis attachment.

The adjuster on the wrist restraints is two piece - I thought there was dialogue about that but DJ had been approved - now more confused than when I woke up this morning.

John
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2018, 11:38:05 PM »
No Problem... next time tell them you want to be here an extra 2 weeks and drive.... I'll bet there are folks you can visit and stay with coast to coast  :wink:
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2018, 08:13:23 AM »
No Problem... next time tell them you want to be here an extra 2 weeks and drive.... I'll bet there are folks you can visit and stay with coast to coast  :wink:
 :cheers:

Yes indeed, John. Plenty of room for you if/when you visit Wichita, Kansas. Guarantee plenty of bench racing too.

John
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:51:45 PM by ggl205 »

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2018, 09:12:33 AM »
Halfway between you have a place to flop in Utah.  :cheers:
Wayno

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2018, 10:15:45 AM »
And I hope it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) if you need anything this side of the pond, or are visiting the UK.... we are about 35 mins from Heathrow.
Just a squeeze.

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2018, 05:49:23 AM »
I was wondering why I was not seeing turbulators on LSR cars but then discovered it may be a patent issue (US Patent 9,394,011 B1)   :-D
Just a squeeze.

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2018, 09:54:02 AM »
I was wondering why I was not seeing turbulators on LSR cars but then discovered it may be a patent issue (US Patent 9,394,011 B1)   :-D

Not sure but like vortex generators, knowing where to put them is a problem. Placement is not intuitive so putting them in the wrong place does little to no good. They look cool, however.

John

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2018, 05:29:18 AM »
The Lemming Motors aero test facility is almost complete.

It may prove to be a rabbit hole exercise but I learned quite a lot doing the research, or, perhaps, it is more accurate to say that I learned more things I didn't know I didn't know.

It is intended to answer one question for the Lakester configuration.

If I can get a graph-able drag response I'll take the conclusion, if not I will revert to plan 'A' - toss a coin. At this time I have to seriously uprate the fanage so although this was always going to be a low speed scale tunnel the current breeze in the test area is not going to cut it.

Bother.
Just a squeeze.

Offline comet

« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2018, 08:26:16 AM »
You get get a couple of the politicians to debate in front of thew inlet, that'd send a shed load of air down the pipe.
 :-D

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2018, 11:34:09 AM »
Comet - I don't want to damage the model!

On a serious note: Wrist Restraints
I just received my 2018 rule book and wasn't 100% sure on the new rule interpretation so I sent the attached pics to tech and got a thumbs up from Lee really quickly. I wonder if they have had a lot of correspondence on that one.

Tech (and this forum) have been very helpful to me; being remote as I am I cant afford to bake issues in and discover them when I turn up half way around the world.
Just a squeeze.

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2018, 09:21:37 AM »
Sounds like some good salt this year.

Roll structure progresses but its short of a few items to be ready in time for SW 2018  :-D
Just a squeeze.

Offline comet

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2018, 11:26:15 AM »
A coat of paint on it will get the job done.  :wink:

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2018, 02:39:19 PM »
That is a very nice chassis, I really like the way you have got the load paths from the cage feed into the chassis. Nice job!!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.