Author Topic: Freud  (Read 123641 times)

Offline Gary Freudenberger

• New folks
Re: Freud
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2020, 07:13:31 PM »
Parker was the one who did the PCT a few years ago.  Freud updated me daily as I had hiked it long ago at the same age.  I made it a point to lecture his grandson Parker to make sure he didn't rush through it all in a blaze of speed or while wearing blinders.  And to remind him that although we sometimes think we might hike something like the PCT again in our lives -- it doesn't always happen later.  Enjoy it all when you can and when you are doing it.

Brett.  Your G'Pa was quite the person.  He will be missed terribly but he will never be forgotten.  Last time I saw him, he gave me several items from his archive to put on my wall as he wasn't sure if he'd make it back to Bonneville itself much less Australia.  He will be the first to admit that he was tired and wasn't sure if a return visit would happen.  He always said he'd love to have some of his "essence" spread across the salt one day when he wasn't walking amongst the rest of us.  Glad you will make that wish happen.

Your G'Pa talked for quite awhile on getting his name done up as a Ford logo for a necklace.  After the stroke, I doubted he would be sporting jewelry much anymore.  Made him this and hopefully it helped remind him when alone in his room of all the good people he called friends over the years and decades. 

He was a good man and has a great legacy with friends that you should definitely be proud of.  Hopefully he shared a lot of it with you... but don't be afraid to ask us stories as I'm sure he hasn't told you them all! =)

Gary Freud here, Freud's son. I have the light you made him in my office. Sometimes I turn it on and just think of all the great memories I had with him. Thank you so much for building this light it meant a lot to Freud just as it does to me.

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2020, 08:51:38 AM »

Gary Freud here, Freud's son. I have the light you made him in my office. Sometimes I turn it on and just think of all the great memories I had with him. Thank you so much for building this light it meant a lot to Freud just as it does to me.

Gary,

For your dad:

"Shine on, you crazy diamond . . . . ."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWGE9Gi0bB0

Never forget . . . . .
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2020, 09:54:20 AM »
Gary:

Your Dad was a great man. I was lucky to know him and miss his wit and insight everyday.

Take care,

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2020, 06:16:25 PM »
Excellent choice fordboy...That is on the playlist for when my time comes. :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2021, 12:47:33 PM »
Parker was the one who did the PCT a few years ago.  Freud updated me daily as I had hiked it long ago at the same age.  I made it a point to lecture his grandson Parker to make sure he didn't rush through it all in a blaze of speed or while wearing blinders.  And to remind him that although we sometimes think we might hike something like the PCT again in our lives -- it doesn't always happen later.  Enjoy it all when you can and when you are doing it.

Brett.  Your G'Pa was quite the person.  He will be missed terribly but he will never be forgotten.  Last time I saw him, he gave me several items from his archive to put on my wall as he wasn't sure if he'd make it back to Bonneville itself much less Australia.  He will be the first to admit that he was tired and wasn't sure if a return visit would happen.  He always said he'd love to have some of his "essence" spread across the salt one day when he wasn't walking amongst the rest of us.  Glad you will make that wish happen.

Your G'Pa talked for quite awhile on getting his name done up as a Ford logo for a necklace.  After the stroke, I doubted he would be sporting jewelry much anymore.  Made him this and hopefully it helped remind him when alone in his room of all the good people he called friends over the years and decades. 

He was a good man and has a great legacy with friends that you should definitely be proud of.  Hopefully he shared a lot of it with you... but don't be afraid to ask us stories as I'm sure he hasn't told you them all! =)

Glenn was the best!

Offline salt27

« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2021, 02:05:33 PM »
Freud left us with some great memories, he is missed.

Don

Marlo, Gus and Freud at the SCTA banquet 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:31:44 PM by salt27 »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2021, 06:55:23 PM »
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but pulling up over the hill with the first look at the salt it brought back fond memories of Doc.  I don't think that will ever change.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2021, 07:19:24 AM »
Doc,

just to tell you that you are not forgotten.

but very missed

hope you found the right spot at your new place to watch the salt
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2021, 12:19:22 PM »
Indeed, Herr Pie, indeed.

Mike  (sorry, JerBer made me do it :evil: )
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Gary Freudenberger

• New folks
Freud's 90th
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2021, 02:52:15 PM »
Today would have been dad's 90th birthday. I'm certain he is causing mischief and celebrating with mom. Happy Birthday to the original "most interesting man in the world!"

Freud Jr. :cheers:

Offline desotoman

« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2021, 03:18:30 PM »
Happy Birthday Freud, I miss your phone calls talking about everything, not just LSR. Here is a picture I took of you doing something you loved, that includes one of your best friends.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »
Happy Birthday Freud. Miss your friendship.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2021, 07:17:23 PM »
Freud and I had talked about him joining one of my "guided tours" of Hwy. 93.  We never got there.  This year, by myself, I couldn't help from missing him again.  I rejoiced in the times we spent together -- lots about silly stuff.  Lots of hijinx, lots of laughter, lots of memories.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2021, 12:05:01 AM »
Freud... easy to miss hard to forget....
So happy we got you a bike ride, and I know we were both glad the Busa crapped out and you ended up on Nick's bike...
Fond memories always my friend.  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline salt27

« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2021, 03:28:04 AM »
Good memories.