Author Topic: Freud  (Read 121840 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Freud
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2019, 07:55:18 PM »
Tribute to Dr. Freud, by Marlo

http://www.target550.com/news.html

In the headings click on Glenn Freudenberger - In Memory

Tom G.

Saw this the other day, thanks so much for sharing. And to Marlo thank you so much for being such a huge part of his life.
Since '63

Offline salt27

« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2019, 11:10:10 PM »
Brett, are you the grandson that Freud talked about hiking the Pacific Crest Trail?

Don Jackson

Offline superleggera

« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2019, 11:40:02 PM »
Parker was the one who did the PCT a few years ago.  Freud updated me daily as I had hiked it long ago at the same age.  I made it a point to lecture his grandson Parker to make sure he didn't rush through it all in a blaze of speed or while wearing blinders.  And to remind him that although we sometimes think we might hike something like the PCT again in our lives -- it doesn't always happen later.  Enjoy it all when you can and when you are doing it.

Brett.  Your G'Pa was quite the person.  He will be missed terribly but he will never be forgotten.  Last time I saw him, he gave me several items from his archive to put on my wall as he wasn't sure if he'd make it back to Bonneville itself much less Australia.  He will be the first to admit that he was tired and wasn't sure if a return visit would happen.  He always said he'd love to have some of his "essence" spread across the salt one day when he wasn't walking amongst the rest of us.  Glad you will make that wish happen.

Your G'Pa talked for quite awhile on getting his name done up as a Ford logo for a necklace.  After the stroke, I doubted he would be sporting jewelry much anymore.  Made him this and hopefully it helped remind him when alone in his room of all the good people he called friends over the years and decades. 

He was a good man and has a great legacy with friends that you should definitely be proud of.  Hopefully he shared a lot of it with you... but don't be afraid to ask us stories as I'm sure he hasn't told you them all! =)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 11:41:48 PM by superleggera »
- me: Mark - home: Dry Heat, AZ USA - build: motorcycle streamliner

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2019, 12:17:47 AM »
Another.... Several years ago at the 6 Freud was chatting outside his room with several folks... I walked up behind him.... pants him... he was wearing is usual elastic band shorts... It was like he didn't even notice... just kept talking with his shorts at his ankles... after we were joking about it and I said Freud, you didn't even look down to see your shorts at your ankles... he said he was afraid to... he didn't remember if he had put on his trademark speedo underwear.... He said for all he knew he could have been going commando... He was comfortable in is own skin.
 :cheers:
In 1978 Don Vesco brought his girlfriend Marsha Holly to Bonneville.  During Speedweek she road his streamlined bike with one engine disconnected to a record that put her in the 2 club.  But the most important thing she did that year is take a picture.  With Don driving, Marsha hung out the window and took the picture below.  They could have been driving 30.... but they weren't.  The subject of the picture knew folks would always ask him how fast he was going, so he was riding flat out.... so to speak...
about 30MPH slower than Rollie
Yep, that's our boy  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline salt27

« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2019, 02:45:18 AM »
Superleggera, Thanks, yes I remember now, Parker, graduate from the University of Portland and Pacific Crest Trail hiker.

Don

Offline tauruck

« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2019, 07:19:11 AM »
Parker was the one who did the PCT a few years ago.  Freud updated me daily as I had hiked it long ago at the same age.  I made it a point to lecture his grandson Parker to make sure he didn't rush through it all in a blaze of speed or while wearing blinders.  And to remind him that although we sometimes think we might hike something like the PCT again in our lives -- it doesn't always happen later.  Enjoy it all when you can and when you are doing it.

Brett.  Your G'Pa was quite the person.  He will be missed terribly but he will never be forgotten.  Last time I saw him, he gave me several items from his archive to put on my wall as he wasn't sure if he'd make it back to Bonneville itself much less Australia.  He will be the first to admit that he was tired and wasn't sure if a return visit would happen.  He always said he'd love to have some of his "essence" spread across the salt one day when he wasn't walking amongst the rest of us.  Glad you will make that wish happen.

Your G'Pa talked for quite awhile on getting his name done up as a Ford logo for a necklace.  After the stroke, I doubted he would be sporting jewelry much anymore.  Made him this and hopefully it helped remind him when alone in his room of all the good people he called friends over the years and decades. 

He was a good man and has a great legacy with friends that you should definitely be proud of.  Hopefully he shared a lot of it with you... but don't be afraid to ask us stories as I'm sure he hasn't told you them all! =)

Awesome. Thank you.

Offline sabat

« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2019, 11:37:41 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear this, but at the same time, how much more can we ask of life?

I met him at El Mirage just a few years ago, and he was kind and generous with his stories. An old LSR roadster had been rebuilt (Ruiz I think), and that brought out a lot of 'old timers'. I was thrilled to be there and watch from the edges.

RIP.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2019, 01:34:06 PM »
 :cheers:  to a LIFE WELL LIVED! hip hip hooray  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Podunk

« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2019, 02:54:27 PM »
 Remember the trail of tickets at Salt Talks?

Offline salt27

« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2019, 03:14:09 PM »
Remember the trail of tickets at Salt Talks?

Freud would peel off 20 tickets at a time and let his target know he was cheep if he didn't shell out.

He recruited my son (Gus) when he was 12 to be his sidekick selling tickets and they teamed up for several years.

He also hung the nickname "the Little Puke" on Gus, a bit of a backstory there.

Don

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2019, 05:41:04 PM »
Thank you so much for being my friend. Thank you for the stories you shared. Thank you for the inspiration to succeed, and most of all the jokes.  :cheers:
 Be in peace my friend, and God speed.

LTC. ( Retired ) Richard "Smitty" Smith
Oregon National Guard

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2019, 05:28:30 PM »
Gary Freudenberger wrote asking me to put this information on the home page, which will get done, and I'm also putting it here.  In addition to what he says in his two notes, Gary mentioned that the family is working to arrange a specific recipient of donations in Freud's name- please stay tuned for details.

Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline tauruck

« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2019, 10:59:53 PM »
Thanks Jon.🙏🙏🙏✝✝✝✝

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2019, 08:34:19 PM »
There were some pretty funny stories at Freud's memorial. The dynamite behind the police station was epic. Rental cars going into reverse at 75mph, epic. His grand daughter talking about driving backwards 8 miles to the doughnut shop, just plain silly A$$ fun! I guess in Freud's memory next year at Speedweek I will do the sighting lap backwards. 

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2019, 01:12:13 PM »
RIP Doc
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.