Author Topic: ECTA's new operators  (Read 5250 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
ECTA's new operators
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:12:50 AM »
Well, well -- how 'bout that?  Steve and CJ Strupp are gonna take over running the ECTA.  We met Steve back maybe ten years ago at a Shootout and have kept up with him ever since.  We've got a Southern Indiana racer boy running the show now - and this oughta be great.

Steve, in case you don't know him, is the most-everything guy for Jack Rogers and the #757 Camaro - and a bunch of other cars.  He builds, tunes, drives, and tells stories -- just like dang near every other Bville racer.  CJ is the saint of a woman that has put up with him for years.

Take a look at their new Facebook page - Strupp Services.  Oh, yeah - don't forget to take a book to help you translate Steve's speech from Indiana to something we can all understand. :roll:

Corngratulations, Steve and everyone involved.  I betcha this'll work out dandy. :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: ECTA's new operators
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 07:16:02 AM »
And when I clicked "post" i saw a new email - from Steve:

"Subject: ECTA Press Release

Wadesville, IN – December 6, 2017.  Strupp Services, Inc. is pleased to announce that it will assume the operation of ECTA (East Coast Timing Association) effective January 1, 2018.

A veteran in the land speed racing space, Strupp Services will continue the ECTA tradition of providing exciting opportunities for the racing enthusiast.  Keith Turk will continue in his role as Race Director while Tonya Turk will be instrumental during the race weekend.  ECTA holds its first event of the 2018 season in April at the Blytheville International Airport in Blytheville, AR.

Steve Strupp, President of Strupp Services, says, “We are excited for the opportunity to further this sport and preserve the land speed racing tradition on pavement.” He continued, “We also look forward to working closely with the Blytheville community to forge lasting relationships that benefit all.

Strupp Services, Inc. provides race support and management services for the motorsports enthusiast."
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Paulin adelaide

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:51:35 PM »
Steve worked tirelessly this year at Australias Speedweek when he brought over a 3 car team of Jack Rogers Camaros .

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 04:24:07 PM »
Well this should be interesting :-o
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 03:40:24 PM »
 Now if only a location can be found that's actually east of at least the Mississippi   :roll:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
That one is east of some of the Mississippi River..... but 15 miles west where the river goes by....  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O