(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

This is a public forum. The opinions expressed here don't
necessarily reflect the feelings of The Folks That Run The Site (that's us)
unless we explicitly say so, ok?

Forum's been "upgraded".
Things will look a bit different.
A *few* posts might have gotten lost in the crossover.
PM bobc with problems, or post in "Website Suggestions".

Author Topic: $1000 per run  (Read 3210 times)

Offline mtiberio

• El Mirage M-PG 1000cc record, 141.693
$1000 per run
« on: November 27, 2017, 06:21:25 AM »
Not a secret that bikes are cheaper to build and run than cars. Just though folks might get a kick seeing the numbers for my season.

I live in Virginia, and my costs for the year included 2 cross country drives (about $1K each for rental truck and gas). I ran all 6 El Mirage events this season, and in total, I had 14 runs across those 6 events. I figure I spent about $14,000, which averages out to about $1000 per run in costs. That included the cost of buying my old race bike back, which of course I still have (and it's running, as I didn't blow up or crash). Would have been much cheaper had I been a local, but maybe not if you include California income tax... 8^)).

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the folks that make the SCTA events at El Mirage possible. I would love to come back next year, but it may have to wait until 2019. Even if I don't run, I'll be back to spectate, once the high desert and LSR gets in your blood, you're hooked.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: $1000 per run
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 10:59:36 AM »
Money well spent. :-)
  Sid.

Offline dakota9498

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 12:57:42 AM »
Not a secret that bikes are cheaper to build and run than cars. Just though folks might get a kick seeing the numbers for my season.

I live in Virginia, and my costs for the year included 2 cross country drives (about $1K each for rental truck and gas). I ran all 6 El Mirage events this season, and in total, I had 14 runs across those 6 events. I figure I spent about $14,000, which averages out to about $1000 per run in costs. That included the cost of buying my old race bike back, which of course I still have (and it's running, as I didn't blow up or crash). Would have been much cheaper had I been a local, but maybe not if you include California income tax... 8^)).

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the folks that make the SCTA events at El Mirage possible. I would love to come back next year, but it may have to wait until 2019. Even if I don't run, I'll be back to spectate, once the high desert and LSR gets in your blood, you're hooked.

Thanks,
Mike

You broke one of my cardinal rules; Never add up receipts and money spent on my addiction.  :)  Thankfully I am local'ish so I don't have to travel too far and for now I am still in the military so I don't have worry about the California income tax.  I hope to make it there within the next year or so, depending on my schedule.  Thanks for sharing a little bit of your experience

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 08:55:23 AM »
Bikes are cheaper to run until the big flop.

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 09:11:23 AM »
You broke one of my cardinal rules; Never add up receipts and money spent on my addiction.[/quote]

I tried that but my Discover card always tells on me.

John

Offline DominicPar

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 10:37:56 AM »
You're so right, Dakota. I never keep tabs on what I spend on my bike, or any other passion of mine either. As long as nothing else is hurting too much, it's ok.

Offline DRW

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 08:46:36 PM »
Mike, I agree, I failed Tech at Bonneville,
The $ 750.00 van rental, Enterprise, Didnt tell me when I got back, Oh,We understand, Haha
Hotel Room. Gas, , , But, , ,
Where you gonna get a photo like that ??? 
I look at that photo ,My mind is a million miles from any costs !
Nice Shot..
DW
Doesnt Mean That Much To me, To Mean That Much To You !