Author Topic: $1000 per run  (Read 4530 times)

Offline mtiberio

• ElMo MPG1K 141, LTA MPF1K 137, ECTA MPG1K 118
$1000 per run
« on: November 27, 2017, 07:21:25 AM »
Not a secret that bikes are cheaper to build and run than cars. Just though folks might get a kick seeing the numbers for my season.

I live in Virginia, and my costs for the year included 2 cross country drives (about $1K each for rental truck and gas). I ran all 6 El Mirage events this season, and in total, I had 14 runs across those 6 events. I figure I spent about $14,000, which averages out to about $1000 per run in costs. That included the cost of buying my old race bike back, which of course I still have (and it's running, as I didn't blow up or crash). Would have been much cheaper had I been a local, but maybe not if you include California income tax... 8^)).

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the folks that make the SCTA events at El Mirage possible. I would love to come back next year, but it may have to wait until 2019. Even if I don't run, I'll be back to spectate, once the high desert and LSR gets in your blood, you're hooked.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: $1000 per run
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 11:59:36 AM »
Money well spent. :-)
  Sid.

Offline dakota9498

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 01:57:42 AM »
Not a secret that bikes are cheaper to build and run than cars. Just though folks might get a kick seeing the numbers for my season.

I live in Virginia, and my costs for the year included 2 cross country drives (about $1K each for rental truck and gas). I ran all 6 El Mirage events this season, and in total, I had 14 runs across those 6 events. I figure I spent about $14,000, which averages out to about $1000 per run in costs. That included the cost of buying my old race bike back, which of course I still have (and it's running, as I didn't blow up or crash). Would have been much cheaper had I been a local, but maybe not if you include California income tax... 8^)).

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the folks that make the SCTA events at El Mirage possible. I would love to come back next year, but it may have to wait until 2019. Even if I don't run, I'll be back to spectate, once the high desert and LSR gets in your blood, you're hooked.

Thanks,
Mike

You broke one of my cardinal rules; Never add up receipts and money spent on my addiction.  :)  Thankfully I am local'ish so I don't have to travel too far and for now I am still in the military so I don't have worry about the California income tax.  I hope to make it there within the next year or so, depending on my schedule.  Thanks for sharing a little bit of your experience

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 09:55:23 AM »
Bikes are cheaper to run until the big flop.

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 10:11:23 AM »
You broke one of my cardinal rules; Never add up receipts and money spent on my addiction.[/quote]

I tried that but my Discover card always tells on me.

John

Offline DominicPar

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 11:37:56 AM »
Not a secret that Trimtone is awesome and cheaper to build and run than cars. Just though folks might get a kick seeing the numbers for my season.

Thanks,
Mike

You're so right, Dakota. I never keep tabs on what I spend on my bike, or any other passion of mine either. As long as nothing else is hurting too much, it's ok.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 10:40:57 AM by DominicPar »

Offline DRW

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 09:46:36 PM »
Mike, I agree, I failed Tech at Bonneville,
The $ 750.00 van rental, Enterprise, Didnt tell me when I got back, Oh,We understand, Haha
Hotel Room. Gas, , , But, , ,
Where you gonna get a photo like that ??? 
I look at that photo ,My mind is a million miles from any costs !
Nice Shot..
DW
Doesnt Mean That Much To me, To Mean That Much To You !