Author Topic: El Mirage – To Be or Not To Be  (Read 59870 times)

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
Re: El Mirage – To Be or Not To Be
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2017, 03:28:05 PM »
Has the BLM been asked for what they see as a solution besides shutting down the meet?

I think their solution is for drivers NOT to go out the back door.   I still think the solution is if you go out the back door for whatever reason you're done with El Mirage.   Zero tolerance.   It sounds like the BLM is getting very, very close to zero tolerance.  The SCTA needs to be the same.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2017, 03:34:13 PM »
ZERO tolerance = Arresting Net is only for sure way with criminal tress pass f you drive around it
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline jl222

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2017, 07:09:17 PM »
ZERO tolerance = Arresting Net is only for sure way with criminal tress pass f you drive around it

Criminal trespass ?? You can't even f....king spell it!!

jl222

Offline jl222

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2017, 07:28:47 PM »
Has the BLM been asked for what they see as a solution besides shutting down the meet?

I think their solution is for drivers NOT to go out the back door.   I still think the solution is if you go out the back door for whatever reason you're done with El Mirage.   Zero tolerance.   It sounds like the BLM is getting very, very close to zero tolerance.  The SCTA needs to be the same.

Nortonist... what kind of speeds do you have at El Mirage? In other words is there any chance of YOU going out the back door?

JL222

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »
Please - gentlemen - a urination competition does nothing to advance Jim's discussion.

I'm curious as to what the BLM said, and to whom.  I'm seeing accounts here claiming 4 offenses, Hemmings reports 6.

Does anyone here have a clear account of the details?
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2017, 09:39:13 PM »
Tried to control myself all day but couldn't do it..."Troy drives at El Mirage and the last meet, I just called to see if he has ever seem them......."
.........as  he was driving out the back...................... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Didn’t see any flashing lights as both my chutes didn’t open and only had front by brakes at this meet.   New pilot chutes bought new brakes bought and i didn’t get an official out the back door because i got back inside the cones quickly.  I thought our conversation was on the down low. 
Well......sorry but it was low hanging fruit 😜......We Need  to all work together to solve the problem but your pops is being combative. Let’s work together on this
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2017, 10:19:54 PM »
You go around any gate or barrier that the BLM puts up and you are subject to Criminal Trespass citation.

That is what he likes to do--- he lets himself get all riled up---but he is right I am a very creative speller---almost didn't get out of college because of it---LOL
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:26:42 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2017, 10:29:38 PM »
Please - gentlemen - a urination competition does nothing to advance Jim's discussion.

I'm curious as to what the BLM said, and to whom.  I'm seeing accounts here claiming 4 offenses, Hemmings reports 6.

Does anyone here have a clear account of the details?

The total was 6, not that it matters. 1 can end the whole deal. The accounting is in the SCTA minutes. 2 people got 1 year suspensions. It's all in the minutes, along with our first steps to try & appease the BLM.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2017, 11:01:32 PM »
Just had a thought...... Bob at the start used to ask: Where you going? To the five. Or to the balloons . Maybe Jill and Jim need to ask every competitor: Where you going throw the laundry? If the don’t answer “ at the balloons” they get pulled off
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline jl222

« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2017, 12:46:03 AM »
Tried to control myself all day but couldn't do it..."Troy drives at El Mirage and the last meet, I just called to see if he has ever seem them......."
.........as  he was driving out the back...................... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Didn’t see any flashing lights as both my chutes didn’t open and only had front by brakes at this meet.   New pilot chutes bought new brakes bought and i didn’t get an official out the back door because i got back inside the cones quickly.  I thought our conversation was on the down low.  
Well......sorry but it was low hanging fruit 😜......We Need  to all work together to solve the problem but your pops is being combative. Let’s work together on this

Combative? Like calling out Beef stew for getting the BLM  helicopter after the dirt bikes for spinning their tires on an

OFF ROAD VEHICLE TRAIL  he was working on. Then saying he has no reason to lie? Then saying [ well you read his post]  reminds me of a Johnny Cash song.

I noticed you haven't replied about seeing the signs and flashing lights.

Your not sorry you just wanted to knock us down.

JL222

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:54:38 AM by jl222 »

Offline Beef Stew

« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2017, 04:32:40 AM »

Combative? Like calling out Beef stew for getting the BLM  helicopter after the dirt bikes for spinning their tires on an

OFF ROAD VEHICLE TRAIL  he was working on.

Jay El, you remind me of a Christmas Goose. I didn't call out the LER chopper, the Forest Ranger I was working for, made the call. The reason he called was that they were tearing-up repairs, on a closed trail. Sorta like driving fourwheelers across a flooded Rusty Dusty, like was common in the winter during the 1960s. Today the BLM Rangers stop that sorta sh*t.

Then saying he has no reason to lie? Then saying [ well you read his post]  reminds me of a Johnny Cash song.

I know Barnyard Jim and and Weslake Bill slightly. I haven't spoke to either of them in 5-6 years. So I have no dogs in this fight— but I did spend ten years racing, tech inspecting, representing my club at board meetings, etc in the 1960s. 2017 is the eightieth anniversary of the Senior Citizens Timing Association, lets not eff it up by a Senior Citizen having a Senior Moment while trying to find either the 'chute or the ineffective two wheel brakes. If someone kills a PFC (poor effing civilian), that will start a feces storm like you've never seen before. And the Lawyers wiil be as thick as Locust, looking for SCTA members with deep pockets..

Jay El, you be sure to have a nice day :)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:39:48 AM by Beef Stew »
Former record holder at RIR ½ mile drags, El Mirage and Bonneville.

Beef Stew doesn't have his head where the sun-don't-shine. His head is in SoCal where the unusual is an everyday happening.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2017, 08:54:07 AM »
JL you may be assuming that this is all a personal attack---you are know to be thinned skin--- and you just maybe are being trolled---sorta like poking a frog just to see him jump---the poker has nothing against the frog they just like to see him jump..

Offline Beef Stew

« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2017, 10:18:23 AM »
JL you may be assuming that this is all a personal attack---you are know to be thinned skin--- and you just maybe are being trolled---sorta like poking a frog just to see him jump---the poker has nothing against the frog they just like to see him jump..

Until about five minuets ago, I had no idea who seventy-seven year old John Andrew Langlo, who lives in Clovis, CA, is. Why would I troll him ??? Now that I know who he is, it's plain to see he's just a harmless old-man, who let's his mouth overload his a**. I will not respond to any more of his senior moments.

Sparky, I'm real, I've done all I've said I've done. I've held the records I've said I've held. And I have nothing against your horse.

Former record holder at RIR ½ mile drags, El Mirage and Bonneville.

Beef Stew doesn't have his head where the sun-don't-shine. His head is in SoCal where the unusual is an everyday happening.

Offline jww36

« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2017, 10:49:17 AM »
Where can we see the SCTA December minutes?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2017, 11:03:38 AM »
Beefie---Thanks for posting---I didn't say you were trolling him,  you are new to this forum,  you have no history with JL.

but others do---I might be guilty of it---one are two others might may be--this is not his first rodeo-- :-D   that is the reason I just take it all with a grain of Salt---just you seem prepared to do----I in no way indicated you were not for real, you brought some good points and history to the table.  Why are you being so defensive.